Can I key/type in my levels, tempo and other settings?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
brandonjp

Can I key/type in my levels, tempo and other settings?

Post by brandonjp » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:13 pm

this was a hard to find while searching the forums...

basically when I do a tempo change in a song using the envelope in arrange view OR when I'm in session view and want to set the send level OR anything else where i'm choosing levels/parameters/settings and such... question is:

:?: is there a way i can key those in so that i actually type in 2.5 dB instead of having to screw with draggin the mouse until i get it close?
brandon j pfeiffer ** brandonjp.com
cuestreetstudios.com ** littleamericarecords.com

RePeter

Post by RePeter » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:51 pm

if you just click on the parameter you want to change, type in the number you want and hit enter.
you need to be careful, if you are doing a live performance, not to actually click on the fader/knob itself, since this will cause a jump.
do you not use any controllers?
MBP 2.4 & a shit load of Faderfoxes!

brandonjp

Post by brandonjp » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:30 am

it doesn't work like that for me....when i'm in session view if i click on (for example) the send B of track 2, then a box surrounds the dial, but if i cannot type in my desired level there - additionally, whenever i click anywhere on the fader or level display of a track it automatically repositions the fader to whatever level i clicked at, and the keying in doesn't work their either. i know i can type these in on the arrangement view, but for ease i wish there was a way to do so from the session view

also: yeah, i do use 2 controllers but i don't have enough knobs for everthing, nor would i be changing some of them parameters enough to need to map it
brandon j pfeiffer ** brandonjp.com
cuestreetstudios.com ** littleamericarecords.com