Moving Warp files between machines

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
YILA

Moving Warp files between machines

Post by YILA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi

This is probably a stupid question but we're having some problems.

I've warped all the files in my Live 8, then we've copied the .ASD and the mp3's to my friends session into the imported folder, then we he drags them in, it's not retaining the settings. How comes?

He is using Live intro and I'm full version, so he can't open the session, but surely he can drag them in and retain the warp settings right?

what am I doing wrong?
Scan i5 in the studio. Dual core Pc laptop, 13inch macbookpro,RME fireface 800,live 8.1,operator. drum machines Myspace Soundcloud Youtube Twitter

YILA

Re: Moving Warp files between machines

Post by YILA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 pm

help!
Scan i5 in the studio. Dual core Pc laptop, 13inch macbookpro,RME fireface 800,live 8.1,operator. drum machines Myspace Soundcloud Youtube Twitter

YILA

Post by YILA » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:04 pm

help!

andydes

Post by andydes » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Is your friend also on an earlier version? At some point in Live 8 (8.1 maybe?) the file structure changed and they stopped being backward compatible. I don't know about him being on intro though. May cause other issues?

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:08 pm

install quicktime on your friends computer.

YILA

Post by YILA » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:15 am

Install quicktime? Are you kidding? We're both on Macbooks, you can't move for quicktime.

Intro can't open the project, that just causes a crash.

But we tried copying the .ASD and the MP3's into the session he's working in then dragging them into session view and it doesn't pick up the warp settings.

YILA

Post by YILA » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:07 pm

PLS HELP.. someone surely must know how to do this, my friends have a club night opening and we need to get this sorted..

YILA

Post by YILA » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:05 am

bump

TenSquare

Post by TenSquare » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:53 am

Try this:

- on your computer, create a new Live Set and import your MP3 clips to audio tracks
- check that everything is all right with your warp settings (it should at this step)
- save this Live Project somewhere, let's say on an USB bar
- then apply the "Collect All and Save" function from the File menu
- at this time, Live copies all the MP3, ASD files in your USB bar
- plug the USB bar on your friend's computer
- if his Live version is compatible with yours, you shoul be able to open the project and retrieve all the warp settings
- if it's not, try to drag the clips from your USB bar using Live's browser
- normally at this time ASD files are scanned automatically in order to recall the warp settings

I hope it will work!

All the best.

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:15 pm

I would have thought they would have got this fixed in Live by now...

Seems not!
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

YILA

Post by YILA » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:10 pm

none of these things work

He is on Live intro so Can't open the set and live doesn't pick up on the ASD.

Is it a full version to intro problem?.. If so why?!

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:46 am

YILA wrote:Install quicktime? Are you kidding? We're both on Macbooks, you can't move for quicktime.

Intro can't open the project, that just causes a crash.

But we tried copying the .ASD and the MP3's into the session he's working in then dragging them into session view and it doesn't pick up the warp settings.
maybedifferent versions of quicktime? I know that this issue happens when two computers use different decoding for mp3s. same mp3 file, same asd-file, but second computer doesn't recognize the file as being identical as it decodes the mp3 differently.