The Maschine & Ableton Love Thread ;) [upon user request]

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dredd i knight

Re: The Maschine & Ableton Love Thread ;) [upon user request]

Post by dredd i knight » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:47 am

starving student wrote:
CR78 wrote:
starving student wrote:kind of like the best
english teachers can't rap for shit..
... and the best rappers can't speak English for shit.. :wink:

really ?.....
which 'best rapper' do you know of that can't speak english for shit?
I ask because the majority of the time when I see statements like that
it's the simple case of someone confusing a rappers ability to speak more than english
with their own capacity limit of what that person can understand.

anyway here are a few best rappers is it any of them?

is it this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX5aJVDBq2g

is it this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iu7Cd9- ... re=related

is it this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_RNKQKd ... re=related

is it them?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmhxcs6C ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JItQ4Kg5 ... NAlKlyQfA8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Yr6v7q ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUuXdKeW ... re=related
:lol:
FTW

2be

Post by 2be » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:55 pm

God I love Maschine.
I've been playing with it for another 5 hours today and it was so fun. Can't remember the last time I danced like a retard while sitting infront of my computer :lol:
Haven't even looked at the manual yet. You can pretty much discover everything by yourself.

Ben_Binary

Post by Ben_Binary » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:48 am

Yeah I had a play with one in a shop today... reminds me of my first MPC + more.

The funny thing is that after being turned off by NI I have recently been trying to organise all my products to sell and get Maschine and/or upgrade to Komplete 7.

Numerous emails and after 2 phonecalls from sydney to Germany I still dont have any help...
The NI company side of things makes me nervous to get screwed around so badly again and again and again
like I did with Kore :(

I make more music on my Gameboy Nanoloops synced to a drummachine + distortion filter than any software apart from Reaper these days.
soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Octatrack / Rytm / MicroBrute / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / Monotron & Duo / SeratoDJ / Komplete 9 / OhmForce

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:43 am

Anyone had any problems with the faceplate lately?

I had 2 Maschines earlier in the year (one was a replacement) and they both had an issue where the faceplate was lifting away from the unit at the top - not stuck down properly or something (so that the top buttons were flush and you had trouble pressing them). I did really enjoy using it, and may get one again in the coming months if it was just a bad batch.

Ben_Binary

Post by Ben_Binary » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Third phonecall to Berlin and I got something sorted.
But still waiting for the email and voucher they promised for the complications...

Just waiting for the black friday sales to grab a couple of Komplete-7
upgrades and Maschine if its a good deal.

Then just gotta figure out how much I should sell Komplete-7 for...
Looks like I'll have three copies so two gotta go and Maschine will arrive. I hope.
soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Octatrack / Rytm / MicroBrute / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / Monotron & Duo / SeratoDJ / Komplete 9 / OhmForce

o0o

Post by o0o » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Ben_Binary wrote:Third phonecall to Berlin and I got something sorted.
But still waiting for the email and voucher they promised for the complications...

Just waiting for the black friday sales to grab a couple of Komplete-7

Looks like I'll have three copies so two gotta go and Maschine will arrive. I hope.
may i ask why will you buy more komplete if you have already?
rabbit

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:17 am

Yes, Ben Binary your story is really strange, we may lack some more data to compute :? :mrgreen:

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:44 am

o0o wrote:
Ben_Binary wrote:Just waiting for the black friday sales to grab a couple of Komplete-7

may i ask why will you buy more komplete if you have already?
:lol:
Is he going kompletely crazy?

Ben_Binary

Post by Ben_Binary » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:05 am

Just hoping for mega-good upgrade deals to make it worthwhile to upgrade old NI stuff to Komplete-7 and sell them.

Sort of like renovating an old house before the council decides to demolish it...

N3H3C

Post by N3H3C » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:18 am

Getting one on Friday for an early Christmas gift ... looks like its going to be a long night ... well, hopefully :D

Liam

Post by Liam » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:54 pm

I've had mine for two days now and its really interesting to add to my existing hardware. I simply have too much stuff but this will enhance the creative process, absolutely no doubt about that.

So many possibilities with this device.

Now that you can use VSTs within Maschine there is unlimited potential.

STRATEGY_510

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:04 pm

The Carpet Cleaner wrote:I'm sorry but you give an MPC to a pianist and he will do what they do after few hours...
when you play a classical piece on your piano, I don't think you have time to scratch your nose or do some c00l gangsta sign with your left hand.
I think that's a silly point.

Having the technical ability to hit the pads faster or more accurately than the guys in the video does not give them the creativity it took to come up with that. Maybe there's lots of piano players who could copy that, but would they be able to come up with it in the first place?

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with "You're The One For Me" and you'd have a better idea of what they actually did.

STRATEGY

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:00 pm

as a user and huge fan of maschine I must admit that I haven't seen
much good music made with it yet. of course I own one and luv it death
I'm just saying that it hasn't reached the real creative cats yet in mass, at least not the ones who put up vids on youtube and vimeo yet, anyway this vid here is a good example of why comparing instruments is not easy sometimes. you've prob seen this before, it's the same cat as the above vid but instead of msschine he's on his mpc and I must say I enjoy his mpc made stuff alot better than that maschine vid. I think that maschine vid is crap and in contrast I think his mpc vids are dope as fuck so there you have it
I think you can see that he does not feel the same on both machines and this is what playing an instrument is all about and why the mpc is so revered, it's not just about being a sampler with pads, there are many and they all inspire in a different way imho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jLWHKS02LI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0klmHRRBSI&NR=1

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:21 am

STRATEGY_510 wrote:
The Carpet Cleaner wrote:I'm sorry but you give an MPC to a pianist and he will do what they do after few hours...
when you play a classical piece on your piano, I don't think you have time to scratch your nose or do some c00l gangsta sign with your left hand.
I think that's a silly point.

Having the technical ability to hit the pads faster or more accurately than the guys in the video does not give them the creativity it took to come up with that. Maybe there's lots of piano players who could copy that, but would they be able to come up with it in the first place?

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with "You're The One For Me" and you'd have a better idea of what they actually did.

STRATEGY
well that was a part of my point. I don't think that was that much creative.
what is so creative about it? there is lots of videos about mpc/maschine and stuff like that that are impressive, not for the technical parts but how they create an amazing beat with just 16 pads, but not this video.