apc40 track selection problem

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
bizzyfingers

apc40 track selection problem

Post by bizzyfingers » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:21 pm

what id like to do is adjust parameters while activating other clips too. my problem is when i activate another clip my track selection changes to that session. frustrating when ive just turned a knob and cannot turn it back.

is there any chance i could make it stay put?

outershpongolia

Re: apc40 track selection problem

Post by outershpongolia » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:42 pm

bizzyfingers wrote:what id like to do is adjust parameters while activating other clips too. my problem is when i activate another clip my track selection changes to that session. frustrating when ive just turned a knob and cannot turn it back.

Turn select on launch OFF, cheers

bizzyfingers

Post by bizzyfingers » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:45 pm

outershpongolia wrote:
bizzyfingers wrote:what id like to do is adjust parameters while activating other clips too. my problem is when i activate another clip my track selection changes to that session. frustrating when ive just turned a knob and cannot turn it back.

Turn select on launch OFF, cheers
wonderful thank you very much

bizzyfingers

Post by bizzyfingers » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:46 pm

may i ask one more question please? you may have the answer. how do i set my parameter max/min on the apc? i have a beat repeat running but the "sweet spot" is really small, id like to adjust without having to look if i have over done it. thank you again.

0fps

Post by 0fps » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:43 pm

I don't think u can with another way except "hard mapping". Or Maybe with an editor...?
Live 8 Suite, MacPro@2.66 Quad/4G RAM,MacBook@2.00 DualCore/2G RAM, Motu Traveler, TC Powercore, Korg MS200R, Waldorf Blofeld, Akai APC 40, M-Audio Axiom25, Motu Digital Performer

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:50 am

bizzyfingers wrote:may i ask one more question please? you may have the answer. how do i set my parameter max/min on the apc? i have a beat repeat running but the "sweet spot" is really small, id like to adjust without having to look if i have over done it. thank you again.
If you map it to a macro you can limit the macro min/max and then your full 0-127 sweep would be based on that min/max..

If you're just using device controls directly ON a beatrepeat and banking thru you wouldn't be able to limit without hard mapping.

bizzyfingers

Post by bizzyfingers » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:36 am

this seems like a missed feature on LIVE. you should be able to set these things on the device. it would be so much easier.