Is there a way to create new Live sound files....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Andrew K

Post by Andrew K » Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:54 am

Ok,

Let's see if I can word this question clearly.

Sometimes in LIVE I like to create several loops (.asd files) based on the same sound file. But in later projects I'd lke to drag and drop these "new loops" into the project I'm currently working on, but all you see in the browser is the original sound file and not the multiple loops "created" based on these sound files.

Is there any way to save or catalog your loops (that become .asd files) and be able to load them from the browser??? or am I just an idiot that has been overlooking something for the last 4 months? 8O

Thanks in advance,

Andrew K

jdg

Post by jdg » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:14 am

hmm.. i don't think its that easy.. i always just record my loop made with live into another track as a new loop. not as easy but works like a charm.. i do this live also, create a new loop with effects etc.. then create a loop from that loop.. etc etc.. fun stuffs
www.google.com

best website ever

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:47 am

There's a "resample/render in place" functionality in the pipeline ... probably for next major update ... [search for render in place or resample in place in the forum - )
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

jdg

Post by jdg » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:54 pm

oooo that would be cool :D
www.google.com

best website ever

Andrew K

Post by Andrew K » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:22 pm

Thanks guys (gals?),

I was afraid there wasn't an easy solution. The reason I'm not interested in the digital mixdown solution is that you will be creating an altered file of the original and then when you change the tempos it will sound more and more wanky.

My search is not over however.... but in the meantime, Ableton... why not include a feature to drag and drop .asd files as parts??

Thanks,

Andrew K

MASTERFADER

Post by MASTERFADER » Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:57 pm

Hi andrew have you tried to copy and paste from one session to another.

Andrew K

Post by Andrew K » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:50 pm

Masterfader,

No, I haven't... maybe I should try. But that would be somewhat of a pain... I score for TV and film and just want to drag in the loops needed without opening an other session copying/pasting into the new session and yada yada yada.... plus it would get confusing after a while... what session did that really cool loop come from???

A good suggestion though... I'll give it a try.

Anyone else??

Andrew K

the thank you man

Post by the thank you man » Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:31 am

Hey Andrew I'm sorry I can't help with your questions, but I was looking to get into doing what your doing for some student films, could you you give me a run down of the programs you use for this and what the process
entails from a chronological viewpoint?

if you have the time,
the thank you man.

Andrew K

Post by Andrew K » Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:00 am

the thank you man,

Without going into too much detail (it would take all night) I use Live 2.01 and Cubase 5.1 with Mac OS 9.2.1 in rewire mode. I lock to picture with digital video on the Aurora Fuse PCI card but I can also lock to extenal SMPTE via the Nuendo Time Lock Pro.

I spot the movie (decide where there is going to be music with the director) and then score to picture. I use Live as a huge time saving device to lock loops to the score (Live follows tempo changes beautifully).

There you have it... no big secret really.

Hope this helps,

Andrew K