The Maschine & Ableton Love Thread ;) [upon user request]

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SubFunk

Re: The Maschine & Ableton Love Thread ;) [upon user request]

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:43 am

here is the drumrack mapping that works for me... http://www.sendspace.com/file/746xh4
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:54 am

SubFunk wrote:well, i do have one 'issue' the MCU pans button 'note repeat' does get stuck ones i press it... meaning my mackie 'mc control' can only control pan...

anyone else?

oops, i got it... :oops: :oops: :oops: 'control' is bringing you back :oops: :oops: :oops:
*** Image GAFM ***

toxictobi

Post by toxictobi » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:01 am

SubFunk wrote:here is the drumrack mapping that works for me... http://www.sendspace.com/file/746xh4
^thanks man,
now at least the first 16 pads work,
but they don´t change as I scroll through drum racks, always the first 16 pads play
I thought my padKontrol could go on pension. :roll:

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:04 am

toxictobi wrote:
SubFunk wrote:here is the drumrack mapping that works for me... http://www.sendspace.com/file/746xh4
^thanks man,
but they don´t change as I scroll through drum racks, always the first 16 pads play
I thought my padKontrol could go on pension. :roll:
well, maybe it's my mapping??? i never use more then 16 drum sounds in one project, usually it is just about half...

so i never needed that function...

then again i always work extremely primitive, less is way, way more... :wink:

how it is now, it works for me...

also i would not retire a PadK once you own one with maschine... within maschine you can make awesome use, because of the 'automatic' mapping of the highlighted sound within maschine as a scale... (the scale you set up within the PadK via the control editor)
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:35 pm

hi i quickly altered the 'groups' i added some scales for playing instruments and added 2 'clip trigger pages'
the 'clip trigger pages' are for manual mapping! further explanations are included in a text file in the download.

i am not very good in user remote script programming, maybe someone can help me out here to supply 'the perfect template' for my needs
in exchange...???

what i would like to see added is:

1, a 'stop all clips' (most important one) button

2, 'back to arrange' button

3, the free tempo knob mapped to the "cue volume" of the master track, i often use that when i pre-listen to samples, sounds in the browser... to adjust the volume according to the track...

thanks a lot!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yavy6w

P.S. the midi remote script is NOT included in this download... you need to grab the original here:
New Maschine template that combines the midi remote script for Live and Mackie Control:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... tcount=134
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:48 pm

no one else? i am freaking out over this template, that is the best i came across so far...

damn, the visual feedback is awesome...

and i don't believe that a guy managed what ableton has not yet, the 'view' changes over SINGLE toggle buttons, absolute ueber awesome.
*** Image GAFM ***

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:58 pm

toxictobi wrote:
^thanks man,
You guys might want to look at the LiveMaschine template I used to use to see how it was done there:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... stcount=35
It uses a live remote script and the pads do work as intended by Group A pads instantly mapping when you scroll through drum racks. The other group pads go chromatically up always with C on pad one.

I just don't use Drum Racks anymore because I prefer using Maschine for that but it's always nice to have the option.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:08 pm

delicioso wrote:
toxictobi wrote:
^thanks man,
You guys might want to look at the LiveMaschine template I used to use to see how it was done there:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... stcount=35
It uses a live remote script and the pads do work as intended by Group A pads instantly mapping when you scroll through drum racks. The other group pads go chromatically up always with C on pad one.

I just don't use Drum Racks anymore because I prefer using Maschine for that but it's always nice to have the option.
yep, thanks for the heads up... but i also use drumracks pretty 'simple' these days... i tweaked that new template a bit to my liking (as far as i could, i am not good at all in midi remote scripting, yet) but the alterations so far totally suit my needs.

i just love the MCU implementation and therefor the visual feedback... it's awesome and the one toggle button view 'switches' are just plain ACE, like in maschine itself... those two melt more and more into each other :)
*** Image GAFM ***

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:22 am

Well after buying Maschine I realized, I truly enjoy the hardware approach best. So as unpopular as this decision might be, I sold Maschine bought an mpc1000, mixer, and am staying hardware based for the most part. To each his own.
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:05 am

cmreal04 wrote:Well after buying Maschine I realized, I truly enjoy the hardware approach best. So as unpopular as this decision might be, I sold Maschine bought an mpc1000, mixer, and am staying hardware based for the most part. To each his own.
How much did you get for your Maschine? I've had no luck shifting mine *see other thread*
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:45 am

logic_user99 wrote:
cmreal04 wrote:Well after buying Maschine I realized, I truly enjoy the hardware approach best. So as unpopular as this decision might be, I sold Maschine bought an mpc1000, mixer, and am staying hardware based for the most part. To each his own.
How much did you get for your Maschine? I've had no luck shifting mine *see other thread*
Exactly what I paid for it $470 plus $30 to ship. It was the full version and I did it as a buy it now on ebay. I thought if I wanted to do it I better while it was hot.
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:59 pm

cool, how does the mpc do as a midi control surface with visual feedback?
*** Image GAFM ***

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:02 pm

SubFunk wrote:
cool, how does the mpc do as a midi control surface with visual feedback?
It doesn't

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:16 pm

^^^ ahhh... really? that is a shame.
*** Image GAFM ***

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Some more good news for Maschine from NI as mentioned in their "Maschine On the Record" sessions. Sounds like the next update to Maschine will bring sidechaining and it will be a free update. Other features also on the development roadmap include timestretching (not just offline processing but in realtime), advanced sample manipulation features, and a more flexible arranger with unlimited number of scenes:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... .php?f=277