Berlin - Clubs/Records shops

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tom b.

Berlin - Clubs/Records shops

Post by tom b. » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:38 pm

Hi,

I am off to Berlin at the end of the month for a few days.......anyone got any suggestions for deep house clubs??

I am also looking for records shops ..... selling deep house, soul, funk etc.

Thanks,

Tom

forge

Post by forge » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:54 pm

not sure about the styles you listed but I managed to go to tresor when I was in Berlin and had a FANTASTIC night of techno in this wicked concrete bunker. I heard they were closed down or something, but if they're not and you like good techno check out Tresor.

musick

Post by musick » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:58 pm

Tresor (finaly) closed last week :(

forge

Post by forge » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:02 pm

musick wrote:Tresor (finaly) closed last week :(
gutted :? :? :cry:

but, by some coincidence - check out the most recent Breezeblock on radio1 http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio1_a ... reezeblock

I just logged onto it to see what was on this week and it just so happens it's a berlin special!! Syncronicity I think! - you've got about 7 days to listen to it.

forge

Post by forge » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:35 pm

Bit of a coincidence - as I'm listening to the breezeblock show that I just happened to tune into right after I read this question of what to do in Berlin......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio1_a ... reezeblock

it's EXACTLY what you want to hear - listen to this show, I think you'll have a pretty good idea where to start by then I would imagine!. :wink: :D

forge

Post by forge » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:36 pm

did I just post the same thing twice??

Canabis and computers dont mix kids.

SimonPHC

Post by SimonPHC » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:53 pm

When you arive in Berlin, get a Zitty or Tipp straight away. They have the weekly party agenda inside, only one of the two has it for one specific week.
Most clubs are in there, but some aren't. For those you'll have to use your social skills.

record shops:
Space Hall
Hardwax

[edit]erm, soul, funk? not in those shops, deep house maby[/edit]

Most recordshops employees I've encountered in Berlin are assholes, because they are fed up with tourists or something. Also they know about the unlisted parties, so you'll have to be really nice to them before they'll even tell you IF there is a party, let alone where and when...