Rewire Problems With Sonar

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
jondough

Rewire Problems With Sonar

Post by jondough » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:55 pm

I'm having problems rewiring live 4.1.1 with sonar 4.0.
When I try it gives me an error message. something about the master rewire application not working. But when i try the same thing on my laptop (same apps) it works fine.

Any suggestions???
Solitaire Co C.E.O. @ Insomniac Studios... Don't Sleep

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:53 am

Hi jondough,

did you have run Live 4.1.1 at least once standalone (without Sonar running) so that it can install its ReWire engine?

Do you still use another version of Live beside Live 4.1.1?

regards,
Alex

jondough

Post by jondough » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:04 pm

Hey Alex,

I don't remember if I did it before I tried to rewire, but I know i've run Live 4.1.1 standalone since and I still get the same thing. My next move is to uninstall everything tonight & try it again.

It's funny cause the only thing I use sonar for these days is to mixdown with my Mackie Control!
If Live ever supports this that other software will start collecting dust. :wink:

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:22 pm

Hi jondough,

please compare the version of the file "ReWire.dll" on your machine with the one form your laptop. The "ReWire.dll" is located in windows "System" and "System32" folder.

Please also provide us with the exactly error message you get or make a screenshot of it.

If Live ever supports this that other software will start collecting dust.
Well, ...if that's not a motivation.

regards,
Alex

jondough

Post by jondough » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:17 pm

Alex,

I tried copying the ReWire.dll file from the laptop to the desktop to no avail :(

Here's the exact message I'm getting when I open Live in Sonar

"Detected problems with the ReWire master application. Live will not behave correctly. Please refer to the Ableton support website for up-to-date information on ReWire problems and fixes (http://www.ableton.com/index.php?main=faq)."
[/img]

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:25 pm

Hi jondough,

this message appears if it was not possible for Live to make a connection to its ReWire engine. Do you have any other ReWire slave application on this machine that runs with Sonar?

What are the specifications of your desktop machine?

regards,
Alex

jondough

Post by jondough » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:59 pm

Hey Alex,

I fixed it! I deleted the ReWire.dll file you pointed out and uninstalled/reinstalled all of my ReWire applications. Ran them all seperately & then tried to rewire them to sonar & it worked flawlessly!

Thanks for your speedy support. I've said it once and I'll say it again; you all @ Ableton have it figured out! Excellent software & excellent support. As long as you make it I will buy it!

Thanks again