apc40, can you mod the x-fader?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bizzyfingers

apc40, can you mod the x-fader?

Post by bizzyfingers » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:22 pm

id like to know if you could mod the fader for a "sharp cut in" for scratching? it would be ideal if i didnt have to take my mixer to gigs. i could just use my laptop turntable and apc... and foot pedal... and audio interface.

this is why i want to cut down on how many things i will be carrying about. less wires, less things to check over

Re: apc40, can you mod the x-fader?

Post by 4.33 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:58 pm

you can select the xfader curve in live (right-click the x button in the master section)

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:59 pm

I heard it breaks easily....

STRATEGY_510

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:33 pm

bizzyfingers wrote:id like to know if you could mod the fader for a "sharp cut in" for scratching? it would be ideal if i didnt have to take my mixer to gigs. i could just use my laptop turntable and apc... and foot pedal... and audio interface.

this is why i want to cut down on how many things i will be carrying about. less wires, less things to check over
Are you just trying to physically shorten the gap? You could set the x-fader curve to 'Constant', then some duct tape at center of the fader.

STRATEGY

bizzyfingers

Post by bizzyfingers » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:34 pm

for scratching the fader itself gets a hammering. what id like to do is wire in an uprated fader, i have looked on pictures and found there is an extra cable for the fader, maybe setup totally different for midi. ill keep looking into it. if i come up with any ideas ill post them.

thank you for the responses =)