Anyone successfully using Line 6's FBV Express MkII w/Live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
elxicano

Anyone successfully using Line 6's FBV Express MkII w/Live?

Post by elxicano » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:22 pm

I'm considering picking this one up, to simply use for transport functions (Record, Stop, Play).

According to the product description, the included software allows for setting up the midi commands to control "popular hosts."

So.... anyone have experience using this with Live? Anyone use this with Looper?

Link: http://line6.com/footcontrollers/fbvexpressmkii.html

About the midi:
FBV CONTROL SOFTWARE

Take full advantage of FBV Express MkII with the free and downloadable FBV Control software. The application shows you a graphical representation of your FBV Express MkII and lets you customize the midi commands you send via USB.

Assign the footswitches and pedal to perform MIDI CCs, bank changes, program changes and even transport commands to drive many popular audio applications including ProTools®, Propellerhead Reason® and Record, and more!

Create and save endless variations - a few for gigs, a few for the studio - and easily add them to your FBV Express MkII via USB.

madlab

Re: Anyone successfully using Line 6's FBV Express MkII w/Live?

Post by madlab » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:01 pm

also intereted to know, it's much smaller than the fcb 1010.
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

Gab

Post by Gab » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:07 pm

If I remember well, there has already been some talk about the FCB... have you tried a search?
'If they act too hip, you know they can’t play shit.'

madlab

Post by madlab » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:13 pm

I've got one It's pretty complete but a pain to edit if you don't have a soft to do it (you have to pay for it). it's also super big and heavy to carry around, so I'm looking for an alternative when I don't need ten pedals (even if i've made a quite complete config withit to use four loopers live with my guitar).
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:10 pm

madlab wrote:I've got one It's pretty complete but a pain to edit if you don't have a soft to do it (you have to pay for it). it's also super big and heavy to carry around, so I'm looking for an alternative when I don't need ten pedals (even if i've made a quite complete config withit to use four loopers live with my guitar).
The FCB 1010 was top on my list until I saw this one, so I'm curious for similar reasons. Even though 10 pedals would be cool, I know that I wouldn't use them all, so it'd be overkill for me. I'm still not so sure what this thing is even capable of doing (like does it have onboard fx?), but was just drawn in by the ability to edit the midi parameters with the included software.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:59 am

An evening bump

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:20 am

Go buy it and try it out, but make sure that they will give you cash if you return it..

Then run home, see if you can figure it out, if not return it and get your money back.

Done this a few times, works fine in some cases.. other's you're glad you made sure you could get cash instead of store credit.. Like the time I almost bought (kept) an Alesis Control Pad.. Pheww, that was a close one.

littlepig

Post by littlepig » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:37 am

There was some discussion on this thread:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... s#p1004226

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:27 pm

littlepig wrote:There was some discussion on this thread:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... s#p1004226

Thank you for this!!!

So it seems a good choice for my needs. :mrgreen:

@outershpongolia, I've learned a lesson that as helpful as it is to have the hardware in hands to test, it's even more helpful to ask questions of everyone else first. There's just too much stuff on the market and for every bit of great equipment (or software) there seems to be even more crap, so it pays to pester for advice before wasting time that could be spent on creating things. :wink:

feyshay

Post by feyshay » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:42 pm

Works quite well. Using the software, you can easily program and save/load presets that you make depending on what configuration you want. I have the FCB 1010, but prefer this pedal because of the ability to easier load/change presets. I have one set up with control of scenes (for recording). I have another setup for the looper. IMO the pedal works better than the ones on the FCB 1010 (more tension on the pedal allows for easier control).