Ableton Live 7 LE Coming Soon
Berlin, Germany, April 2, 2008--Ableton is proud to announce the upcoming release of Live 7 LE, an easy-to-use, professional-grade music-making solution that everyone can afford.
Live 7 LE is built on the same fundamental concepts as Ableton Live, the music production and performance solution that has won numerous awards for its innovative workflow and refreshing simplicity. Offering most of Ableton Live 7's new features, the LE version makes music-making fast, easy and fun.
Ableton Live 7 LE gives you an intuitive interface and pro features for recording, songwriting, remixing and DJing. It includes:
- Studio-quality recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz*
- Sixty-four audio tracks and unlimited MIDI tracks per project
- Powerful and creative MIDI sequencing for software instruments
- More than twenty built-in audio effects, including a host of creative delays, filters, distortions, studio compressors and EQs*
- Two software instruments--Simpler for creative sample-based synthesis, and Impulse for dynamic, sampled drums*
- VST and AU effects and instruments support; automatic plug-in delay compensation*
- Real-time time-stretching and warping of AIFF, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP3 files for DJing and instant remixing
- Real-time tweaking of Live's controls with any MIDI controller--just MIDI-map it or choose from a list of popular supported controllers for instant mapping
- Single-screen user interface for simple, creativity-focused operation
- Multicore and multiprocessor support
* Live LE is limited to two simultaneous stereo audio inputs and outputs, twelve built-in audio effects, eight built-in instruments, two AU/VST effects and two AU/VST instruments per project.
Live 7 LE has everything you need to start making music, including:
- Sampled instruments: Essential Instrument Collection 2 LE Edition by SONiVOX and ChocolateAudio (boxed version only)
- Loops and construction kits by Puremagnetik (boxed version only)
- A wide selection of presets for Live LE's instruments and effects
- Extensive built-in step-by-step tutorials
- Printed reference manual in English
- Localized software menus, tutorials and PDF reference manuals available in English, Spanish, French, German and Japanese
Pricing and Availability
Live 7 LE will be available as a download from the Ableton web shop for EUR 129/USD 149. The boxed version will be available in stores and the Ableton web shop for EUR 169/USD 199. Release is scheduled for the middle of May 2008.
Buy Live 6 LE Today and Get Live 7 LE Free
All users who buy and unlock their Live 6 LE between April 1 and July 30, 2008 will get a free download upgrade to Ableton Live 7 LE when it is released.
For those not eligible for this offer, upgrades from Live 6 LE to Live 7 LE will be available for EUR 49/USD 59 (download version) and EUR 79/USD 99 (boxed version) from the Ableton web shop.
Upgrades From Live LE to Ableton Live 7 and Ableton Suite Are Now Available
Live LE to Ableton Live 7 upgrades are available for EUR 299/USD 349 (download version) and EUR 329/USD 389 (boxed version).
Upgrades to Ableton Suite start at EUR 539/USD 609.
For all available upgrade offers, please visit http://www.ableton.com/upgrade.
Ableton develops technology to inspire creative people. Since the company started in 1999, Ableton has attracted an extensive and highly committed community of musicians, composers and DJs worldwide. Currently, Ableton counts about one hundred employees in its Berlin and New York offices. The company has received outstanding press, awards and customer feedback since the unveiling of Live in October 2001.
Ableton Live accompanies every stage of the musical process, from creation to production to performance. In the creative stage, Live is transparent, intuitive and responsive, capturing inspiration and encouraging the flow of musical ideas. During production, Live provides all of the professional tools and studio compatibility required to complete and perfect projects. On stage, Live delivers the expressive control and stability that innumerable performing artists have come to rely on.
SONiVOX, from Sonic Network, Inc., is a suite of sound products that provide leading audio technology and content to a wide array of customers, from professional musicians to mass mobile consumers. SONiVOX products are licensed in several markets, including wireless devices, PCs, games, software applications and music synthesizers, as well as sold directly to end users. www.sonivoxmi.com
ChocolateAudio was established in 2003 and focuses on producing and developing high-quality sample libraries for both professionals and amateurs. While drums were their main focus for the first years, ChocolateAudio is now expanding its sampled arsenal in order to cover the most-requested instruments along with some rare offerings. www.chocolateaudio.com
Puremagnetik is a pioneering subscription service for downloading Ableton Live sound content. Developed by some of Ableton's own sound designers, Puremagnetik publishes compact and powerful Micropaks on a monthly basis. With an ever-increasing catalog of innovative products, Puremagnetik offers a unique and affordable way for Live users to expand their collection of sounds. www.puremagnetik.com
Logos and artwork for all new products are available at http://www.ableton.com/graphics.
For more information, contact:
US and UK Press
Antje Huebner, Public Relations Manager
43 West 24th Street, 12th floor
New York, NY 10010
Europe and Rest of World|
Claudia Weidner, Public Relations
Schönhauser Allee 6/7