ABLETON RELEASES LIVE 2.1
Live 2.1 brings features that allow integration for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer and Reason users.
Berlin, Germany - July 24, 2003 — Ableton today releases Live 2.1, a new free update of their award-winning sequencing instrument. Live 2.1 brings full ReWire support to Windows, Mac OS 9 and now Mac OS X. The software update is now available as a free download for registered Live 2 users from www.ableton.com.
New Features include:
- Live 2.1 integrates seamlessly with Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer and Reason. This update completes Live's full ReWire implementation as a ReWire Master and ReWire Slave application under Windows, Mac OS 9 and now Mac OS X.
- Live 2.1 adds multi-channel audio input and output support for the entire range of Digidesign's renowned audio hardware, via Direct I/O, on Mac OS 9, Mac OS X and Windows.
- On the Macintosh, Live 2.1 supports samples in Sound Designer II format.
- Under OS X, Live's user interface has been optimized for better performance.
- A PDF version of the updated Live Owner's Manual in English, French and German is included with the software.
Live 2.1 for Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, and Windows is now available in stores worldwide and in the Ableton web shop for EUR/USD 399 (MSRP). Registered Live 2 Users can now download the free update to Live 2.1 at www.ableton.com/downloads.
"The integration theme is at the core of Live's success story", says Gerhard Behles, CEO and founder of Ableton. "Live 1 was the first audio sequencer that integrated perfectly in a stage, band or DJ environment; with complete ReWire support, Live 2.1 now incorporates elastic audio into every studio environment. That's why we are particularly excited about this release."
Live has introduced the notion of the sequencer as an instrument. Launch loops or sound effects on the fly; follow intuition rather than a fixed linear timeline. Automatic beat-matching and real-time quantization help creativity keep the flow. Improvise song arrangements, instantly drop samples on cue, interact with other performers, musicians or DJs. Recording, arranging, experimenting and improvising have never been faster or easier.
Ableton's function is to develop modern software technology that empowers and inspires creative people. Since the company started in 1999, more than twenty developers and business professionals have joined Ableton--many of them active musicians or DJs. The company has received outstanding press and customer feedback since the launch of Live in October 2001.
Images and Live Demo Version available on our website: www.ableton.com
For more information, contact:
Ableton Public Relations
Schönhauser Allee 6/7
10119 Berlin, Germany
ph: +49-(0)30 288763-211
fax: +49-(0)30 288763-11
1786A 18th Street
CA 94107, USA
ph: + 1 415 420-7273