Introducing Ableton Live 7, New Instruments and Ableton Suite
We are excited to announce a range of new products that will be released before the end of 2007: Ableton Live 7, several new add-on instruments and Ableton Suite.
Ableton Live 7
Ableton Live 7 renews the core of Live with enhancements to the audio engine including 64-bit mix summing, new and improved devices with side-chaining capability, better MIDI timing and hardware integration. We have also included the most-requested features, such as time signature changes, video export, multiple automation lanes and much more. Version 7 marks the arrival of the new "Drum Rack" which streamlines beat production via an easy drag-and-drop interface and offers native sliced audio and REX file support, bringing endless creative possibilities to beat lovers.
New Ableton Instruments
The new add-on instruments are the result of Ableton's collaboration with leading industry partners. The palette covers physically modeled electric pianos, analog synthesizers and string instruments as well as multi-mic/multilayer sampled acoustic drums, drum machines, orchestral strings, brass, woodwinds and percussion. The instruments integrate tightly with Live, both in terms of workflow and resource management.
Electric offers the sounds of classic electric pianos through physical modeling synthesis, allowing you to dive inside and play with the guts of the instrument.
Analog emulates the unique circuitry and irresistible tweakability of vintage analog synthesizers. Able to produce everything from silky pad sweeps to earth-shaking bass.
Drum Machines offers a choice selection of classic drum machines, meticulously sampled to faithfully reproduce the original sounds.
Essential Instrument Collection 2--a choice selection of acoustic and electric pianos, guitars, bass, drums, orchestral instruments and more. Version 2 adds acoustic and electronic drums as well as presets optimized for better sound quality and faster loading.
Orchestral Strings-a comprehensive selection of naturally rich and dynamic stringed instruments. Features solo and ensemble violin, viola, cello and double bass, all recorded in their natural positions within the orchestra, complete with a number of articulations.
Orchestral Brass is a thorough set of vivid and colorful brass instruments. Features solo and ensemble French horn, trombone, trumpet and tuba, with a unique set of articulations in multiple section sizes.
Orchestral Woodwinds delivers a variety of clear and vibrant wind instruments. Features solo and ensemble flute, clarinet, bassoon, oboe and English horn with a broad selection of articulations.
Orchestral Percussion captures the true essence of symphonic percussion instruments in pristine quality. Features vibraphone, marimba, xylophone, crotales, glockenspiel, tubular bells, cymbals and timpani with a variety of articulations.
Ableton Suite combines Ableton Live 7 with Ableton instruments in a comprehensive bundle at a great discount. The download version of Ableton Suite includes Live 7, Sampler, Operator, Electric, Analog, Tension and Drum Machines. The boxed version of Ableton Suite additionally includes the Essential Instrument Collection 2 and Session Drums.
All announced products will be released in Q4, after extensive testing and bug fixing.
The first round of beta testing for Ableton Live 7 is starting today with a limited participant group. A public beta version will be available soon.
Pricing for New Products
Ableton Live 7
- Download version: EUR 419/USD 499
- Boxed version, includes the Essential Instrument Collection 2 (EIC 2): EUR 499/USD 599
New Ableton Instruments
- Tension: EUR 129/USD 159
- Electric: EUR 129/USD 159
- Analog: EUR 129/USD 159
- Essential Instrument Collection 2: EUR 99/USD 119 (for owners of EIC 1, a free upgrade to EIC 2 is included with the boxed upgrades to Ableton Live 7 and Ableton Suite)
- Session Drums: EUR 149/USD 179
- Drum Machines: EUR 69/USD 79
- Orchestral Strings: EUR 209/USD 249
- Orchestral Brass: EUR 209/USD 249
- Orchestral Woodwinds: EUR 209/USD 249
- Orchestral Percussion: EUR 169/USD 199
A bundle containing Orchestral Strings, Orchestral Brass, Orchestral Woodwinds and Orchestral Percussion will be available for EUR 669/USD 799.
- Download version (Ableton Live 7 + Sampler + Operator + Tension + Electric + Analog + Drum Machines): EUR 649/USD 799
- Boxed version (Ableton Live 7 + Sampler + Operator + Tension + Electric + Analog + Drum Machines + Session Drums + Essential Instrument Collection 2): EUR 799/USD 999
Upgrade Offers from Live 6
Upgrade from Live 6 to Live 7
- Download version: EUR 99/USD 119
- Boxed version: EUR 129/USD 159 (for owners of EIC 1, a free upgrade to EIC 2 is included)
Special Upgrade Bundle Offers, Valid through December 31
- Ableton Live 7 (boxed version) + Session Drums + Drum Machines: EUR 249/USD 299
- Ableton Suite (download version): EUR 299/USD 339
- Ableton Suite (boxed version): EUR 399/USD 459
Owners of Sampler, Operator or the Essential Instrument Collection receive additional discounts when upgrading to Ableton Suite. Please find your individual offers here.
Upgrade Offers from Other Live Versions Including Live LE and Live Lite
Pricing varies depending on which version you upgrade from. For users of any version of Live including Live Lite and Live LE, there will be attractively priced introductory offers for Live 7 and various combinations of instruments. Please find your individual offers here.