How to create a fresh Live 8 Library?
- Liveバージョン: 8
- オペレーティングシステム: ALL
When experiencing problems with Live's Library that can't be solved with the command "Repair Library" (Live's Preferences -> Library tab) it might help to create a fresh Library.
- Open Live's preferences -> Library tab.
- Write down the Library path.
- Close Live.
- IMPORTANT: please back-up all user-created content that may be stored in the Live Library.
- Use Windows Explorer or Finder to navigate to the Library folder location as written down initially.
- Delete the content of the Library folder.
- Start Live again (it will complain about the missing Library).
- Open Live's Preferences -> Library tab.
- Click "Change Location".
- Choose the same folder where the Library was installed before.
Live will now create a new Library.
The standard Library location is:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Documents\Ableton\Library\
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Ableton\Library\
- OSX: /Users/[Username]/Library/Application Support/Ableton/Library/
Please refer to the following knowledge base article for further informations how to access hidden folders on Windows and Mac OSX.
Please make sure to have the latest Live/Suite version installed in order to create a new Live Library.