Ableton Announces Live 6 LE
Berlin, Germany, August 21, 2007--Ableton is proud to announce the release of Live 6 LE, a new member of the Ableton product line that makes Live's unique, inspiring workflow available to beginning and hobbyist musicians. Live 6 LE is an easy-to-use, professional-grade music-making solution--a first step into the world of computer music that anyone can afford.
Live 6 LE is built on the same fundamental concepts as Live 6, the music production and performance solution that has won numerous awards for its innovative workflow and refreshing simplicity. Offering most of Live's pro features, the LE version gives musicians hassle-free access to tools that will help shape their musical ideas into creative works. Live 6 LE makes music-making fast, easy and enjoyable.
Live 6 LE is built for professional-level recording, songwriting, producing, remixing and DJing. It includes:
- Studio-quality recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Sixty-four audio tracks and unlimited MIDI tracks per project
- More than twenty built-in audio effects, including a host of creative delays, filters, distortions, studio compressors and EQs*
- Two software instruments--Simpler for creative sample-based synthesis, and Impulse for dynamic, sampled drums*
- Support for VST and AU effects and instruments*
- Real-time time-stretching and warping of AIFF, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP3 files for DJing and instant remixing
- Multicore and multiprocessor support
Live 6 LE has everything you need to start making music, including:
- Sampled instruments: Essential Instrument Collection LE Edition by SONiVOX (boxed version only)
- Loops and construction kits: Unnatural Selection by Puremagnetik (boxed version only)
- A wide selection of presets for Live 6 LE's instruments and effects
- Extensive built-in step-by-step tutorials
* Live 6 LE is limited to twelve simultaneous built-in audio effects, eight built-in instruments, two AU/VST effects and two AU/VST instruments per project.
Live 6 LE is available right now at stores and the Ableton web shop for EUR 169/USD 199 (boxed version). The download version is available from the Ableton web shop for EUR 129/USD 149. Live 6 LE users who wish to purchase Live 6 will soon have the opportunity to upgrade at a special discount.
Ableton develops modern software technology to inspire creative people. Since the company started in 1999, Ableton has attracted an extensive and highly committed community of musicians, composers, and DJs worldwide. Currently, Ableton counts about eighty employees in its Berlin and New York offices. The company has received outstanding press, awards and customer feedback since the unveiling of Live in October 2001.
Live is the only solution designed for each stage of the musical process, from creation to production to performance. In the creative stage, Live is transparent, intuitive and responsive, capturing inspiration and encouraging the flow of musical ideas. During production, Live provides all of the professional tools and studio compatibility required to complete and perfect projects. On stage, Live delivers the expressive control and stability that innumerable performing artists have come to rely on. Live 6--Music Creation, Production, and Performance for Mac OS and Windows.
US and UK Press
David Cross, Public Media Coordinator
43 West 24th Street, 12th floor
New York, NY 10010
Europe and Rest of World|
Claudia Weidner, Public Relations
Schönhauser Allee 6/7