We’re looking for experienced engineers to help us evolve our main software product, Live. You’ll work in, and be supported by, an agile, self-organized team, alongside designers and product experts. Together, you’ll implement features in small increments while assuring the highest quality. You’ll be instrumental in advancing our products, processes and company culture.
As part of our team, you’ll make the next generation of Live that will empower our users in performance and studio scenarios. You’ll build domain models and GUI components for Live, and you’ll contribute to base technology that we share internally with other teams, as well as the open source components we use. You’ll review your peers’ code, and you’ll share takeaways of your work with the rest of the team. You’ll be encouraged to explore your wildest ideas in our hack weeks, and you’ll give input to our long-term technical strategy. Together we will ensure that Live stays the creative tool of choice for dedicated musicians and artists who are pushing music forward.
- You design, test, and implement new features
- You help designers refine an idea by making working prototypes
- You assist product owners with planning features
- You ensure the long-term maintainability of our code base
- You engage in the continuous improvement of the way we work
- You have proficient communication skills and can collaborate well in a team environment
- You have experience in C++ development
- You seek simple solutions to complex problems
- You have a growth mindset and love to learn new things
What would make you stand out
- You have experience with the challenges that come with shipping products to users within a limited time frame
- You write and give inspiring talks about topics that are meaningful to you
- You enjoy mentoring less experienced team members to help them grow
- You actively contribute to making your teams and communities more inclusive
- You have experience developing on Windows
Working at Ableton means being a part of creating products that shape the future of music culture in a dynamic and diverse environment.
Here at Ableton, we come from a wide range of cultural and professional backgrounds. We work hard to foster an environment in which people can grow both personally and professionally. We believe that diverse groups of people make better teams. We’re committed to increasing diversity in our workplace and providing equal opportunity throughout our recruitment process.
Sounds like a great opportunity?
We look forward to receiving your application including a resume and your possible starting date. We ask that you do not include a picture in your application documents.
We are looking for full time engineers (40 hours per week) to join us at our headquarters in Berlin, but are also open to flexible working time of 32 hours or above.
Want to learn more about Ableton and why we believe you will like it here? Take a look at our about page and @AbletonDev.