Ableton is looking for a new Canadian colleague to assist us in developing and maintaining relationships with our community across Canada. Through these relationships, we identify opportunities to collaborate on projects that support both the community and Ableton. You will be part of a proactive team committed to creativity, innovation, diversity and helping to progress music culture.
Community engagement defines your role as a Brand Manager. You will engage in meaningful interactions with our closest community members and work to foster and facilitate new customers through our channel partners.
- Engaging with community members, local artists and educational partners
- Developing and managing educational partnerships
- Managing general outreach and support to local Certified Trainers and Ableton User Groups in your respective region
- Offer compelling presentations on Ableton products for local community, educational partners and retail staff
- Coordinate local and regional workshops and clinics
- Leading initiatives and channel marketing activities to drive business and marketing objectives with partners through outbound calls, email communication, store visits, and product trainings
- Managing internal databases related to servicing Ableton’s local retail and educational partners
- Facilitating all educational lab quotes on behalf of territory and monitoring completion of educational lab orders in partnership with Ableton’s Support Team
- Researching local community, educational, and retail opportunities in managed region
- Participating in business analysis, decision making, and strategy building for our continued financial well being and growth within managed region
- Nurturing and fostering of brand presence within the community to maintain positive brand association
- Manage communication and support for regional events and festivals when appropriate
- Assist and Manage local artist needs in conjunction with the Ableton artist relations team
Skills and experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Ableton Live and Push
- Superior knowledge of music technology and the general environment surrounding contemporary music recording, production and performance
- Strong knowledge of general customer service, importance of follow up and follow through
- Good business management and negotiating skills
- Excellent Math skills and well versed in Google Docs, Outlook, Microsoft Excel
- Fluent in English
- Position is located in Canada
- Organizational skills, a willingness to take initiative, and a strong work ethic
- Open minded and desire to be involved in the growth of a company
What would make you stand out
- Play a traditional instrument or sing
- Speak fluent French and/or fluent German
- Versed in MAX
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Strong Math and English skills
Working at Ableton
We make Live, Push and Link - unique software and hardware for music creation and performance. With these products, our community of users creates amazing things. Ableton was founded in 1999 and released the first version of Live in 2001. Our products are used by a community of dedicated musicians, sound designers and artists from across the world.
We come from a wide range of cultural and professional backgrounds divided between our headquarters in Berlin and our offices in Los Angeles and Tokyo. Most of us are active musicians, producers, and DJs, and many of us use Live and Push every day.
If you like the sound of this role, please send us your resume, and a cover letter (outlining why you want to join the Ableton team). Please also let us know when you could potentially start and your preferred salary. Thank you for your interest!