At Ableton we believe that making music is good for people. We’re creating a unique set of instruments and inspiration for artists and educators across the globe, pursuing our purpose to support people on their music-making journeys – and we understand that we need great design to get there.
Ableton’s visual design celebrates and nourishes the connection with our diverse and wildly creative global community of music makers. Though most closely associated with our digital products and channels, our visual design also spans product packaging, identity design, physical spaces and events.
As Head of Brand Design, you will conceive high-level creative strategy that translates our company vision into brand design and contributes to shaping music culture. You will set the standard for design that radiates thoughtfulness, creativity and exceptional craft.
Leading the brand design domain, you will improve design processes, steer the domain’s direction, and lead regular domain rituals, so that brand designers across units have what they need to create impactful and coherent work. And as an outspoken design advocate you will nurture Ableton’s strong brand design culture.
- You turn Ableton’s evolving company vision into creative strategy, reinforcing our distinct place within music culture.
- You uphold the high quality and coherence of Ableton’s brand design across the breadth of creative work.
- You enable designers across units and projects to transform creative strategy into original, impactful and coherent visual design.
- You promote collaboration between designers across units, as well as providing guidance for effective autonomous work.
- You maintain the design domain’s high impact and effectiveness in a transforming organizational structure.
- You foster a culture of curiosity and excitement for great design.
- You support designers by creating the time, space and resources they need to grow.
- You are a good listener and observer, and a deep thinker capable of working at high levels of abstraction.
- You have proven experience as a Creative Director or in a similar creative role, and a track record of building and evolving visual identities for premium brands.
- You have worked with UX designers on websites and digital products and are familiar with design systems.
- You have extensive experience planning and facilitating design-processes and rituals.
- You are an excellent storyteller, communicator and presenter who can construct a persuasive argument with logic and imagination.
- You can speak confidently about what makes a design exceptional.
- As an experienced design leader, you feel at home motivating and guiding a team of creatives, helping them to use their talents effectively.
If you like the sound of this role, please apply with the following documents and information:
- CV (without a picture)
- Starting date