As Head of Learning, you are part of the People Team, embedded in a broader People & Workplace Unit. You work with your team, the Learning Circle, on a variety of projects and regular tasks, involving both strategic and operational aspects. You empower your team members in their professional and personal growth, integrating and representing their work in various strategic groups and report to the Head of Unit.
In the Learning Circle, we work in different focus areas around Learning & Development for our target groups. You take responsibility with your team for identifying and anticipating learning needs across the organization to shape and maintain our learning portfolio for our global hybrid workplace. You collaborate with various stakeholders, bringing in your extensive personnel development experience to drive Ableton’s Learning & Development strategy, now and in the future. In doing so, you share strategic responsibility for personnel development with our managers and coaches.
- You create an environment where your team has everything they need to achieve high-impact results and unfold their full potential.
- You define and implement a Learning & Development strategy for a global, distributed workforce, together with your team and the Head of Unit, and in close collaboration with managers, Business Partners, and coaches.
- Specifically, you define and maintain an effective, cutting-edge, and scalable professional development framework for employees that includes both external and internal learning options.
- You work with employees at all levels, from apprentices to current and future managers.
- You help develop a culture of learning, involving and inspiring formal and informal leaders to play an active role in this process.
- You have a deep understanding of the subject and a minimum of five years work experience in the described role, ideally within an international company.
- You are well-versed at building teams and leading them to high performance.
- You are a systems thinker and are able to identify and creatively reconcile the needs of different stakeholders. You pursue your goals with passionate determination, while building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- You influence others with integrity and remain flexible when seeking inclusive solutions. You are impact-oriented and have an eye for what is feasible without compromising team standards.
- You have business level fluency in English. German language skills are an advantage.
If you like the sound of this role, please apply with the following documents and information:
- CV (without a picture)
- Your answer to the task below
- Salary expectations
- Starting date
- Preferred working hours
We respect that applying for a new role takes time and energy. If you have questions about the role or would like to have a brief chat to assess whether this role and environment are what you are looking for before applying please do not hesitate to get in touch with Astrid Jäger via internallearning(at)ableton.com.
At Ableton, the strategic responsibility for personnel development does not lie solely with the HR department, but is shared by the Learning Circle, managers, and coaches. In an ongoing collaborative process, the Learning Circle helps bring together, integrate, and synthesize diverse perspectives to reach mutually agreeable solutions. With the help of the Business Partners, the Learning Circle makes these outcomes transparent to everyone in the organization.
As Head of Learning at Ableton, what would you look for in particular to make this collaboration a success? Outline your proposal in no more than one page.
PS You may not have all the information you need to make an in-depth recommendation, but you do have expertise and relevant experience from similar situations. Therefore, focus on basic ideas that seem particularly important to you.