We are looking for an IT operations engineer to assist with the administration and maintenance of a small to medium-sized Linux and Windows-based server and network environment. Our infrastructure is located both on-premises and in the cloud, which requires regular maintenance and a constant effort to understand ever-evolving cloud-based technologies. We use Microsoft to power most of our enterprise service infrastructure and use VMware to power our virtualization needs; we also employ an on-premises Dell/EMC based storage system, which we maintain in conjunction with Dell/EMC. We are also advocates of treating infrastructure as code, using version control, and also monitoring as much of our infrastructure as possible. Lastly, we try to encourage monitoring and alerting practices to increase visibility on imminent and active issues, or areas requiring maintenance.
- Use your knowledge to maintain and continuously improve the status quo of IT systems at Ableton
- Contribute to the challenge of maintaining infrastructure in a quickly growing organization
- Ensure IT systems are running smoothly and are compliant with security standards
- Identifying and implementing continual technical security improvements (on-premise and in the cloud)
- Documentation and knowledge sharing
- Perform Windows Server and vSphere system administrative tasks
- Maintain and improve Azure cloud services around the Microsoft 365 stack
- Implement infrastructural IT solutions in hardware and software
- Develop and deploy infrastructure as code (e.g. Azure CLI, Terraform)
- Act as a security and technical consultant for projects driven by various teams at Ableton
- Interact with vendors and consultants (e.g. request support, quotes, assistance)
- You possess strong knowledge surrounding Microsoft operating systems and services (e.g. Azure cloud stacks, Microsoft 365, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP)
- You have at least 5 years of experience in IT systems administration in a professional setting
- You are highly proficient in connecting cloud services and web applications to identity providers (SSO)
- You are experienced in scripting and version control concepts (e.g. PowerShell, Git)
- You have experience with Exchange, Exchange Online in hybrid setups, email flow and security
- You have experience in the setup and maintenance of VMware vSphere infrastructures
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
What would make you stand out
- You have experience with agile methodologies
- You have a strong desire for automation and monitoring
- You feel comfortable working in Linux server environments
- You have experience with managing and deploying network infrastructure (e.g. firewalls, switches)
- You have experience with Dell EMC systems (servers, storage)
- You are fluent in German, both written and spoken
Sounds like a great opportunity?
If you like the sound of this role, please send us your CV and a cover letter, making sure to not include a picture. In addition, kindly let us know when you could potentially start and your preferred salary.
We look forward to learning more about you!