Ableton is growing. With 315 employees between our two Berlin offices, we are looking for a Lead Project Manager to mentor, lead and strengthen our office construction project management team. Your team will consist of two Project Managers, a Technical Planner, an Interior Designer, and an Agile Coach, as well as external office design and construction experts. Together you will increase productivity and foster collaboration at Ableton through space design, planning, and construction.
The ideal candidate is able to establish a resilient workflow in a fast-paced environment while strengthening transparency and open communication.
Lead, develop, motivate people
Use your leadership expertise and positive mindset to motivate and support your team through challenges, help them grow professionally and fulfill their purpose.
Build a strong team to drive the evolution of Ableton’s work environments
- Establish and maintain rituals, artifacts, and tools to help the team reach its goals
- Ensure clarity and transparency in the different roles and responsibilities
- Recruit and onboard new team members
Act as a key player in designing, planning and executing office construction projects in both of our Berlin offices
- Work with People Team and team leaders across the organization to understand growth and to establish a strategy for capacity management and desk allocation
- Research new office space opportunities, trigger and complete the process of commercial lease negotiations
- Plan and monitor the team budget and ensure cost optimization
- Manage contracts and relations with contractors, suppliers, property managements
Apply your expertise as Construction Project Manager
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, close office construction projects
- Facilitate the overall construction projects roadmap and define milestones in collaboration with other project managers, internal and external stakeholders
- Assess, track and manage project risks and manage third party dependencies (contractors, suppliers, property management, etc.)
Skills and experience
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager in the construction industry, along with 3+ years experience in leading a team
- You are passionate about leading and developing people
- You are an excellent problem solver and decision-maker
- You have advanced time and task management
- You are a dynamic and precise communicator with keen negotiation skills
- You speak fluent German and English
- You have a technical affinity or are interested in learning tools (MS Office, Google Drive, Personio, JIRA, Confluence, Trello)
- You own a strong sense of commitment, positive attitude and integrity
- You are passionate about creating a happy and productive work environment
- You are an open-minded team player with a hospitality mindset
- You navigate sensitive situations with ease and remain calm under stress
What would make you stand out
- You have a degree in construction engineering
- You have knowledge in human-centered and/or design thinking
- You have experience with agile methodologies
Sounds like a great opportunity?
If you like the sound of this role, please send us your CV and a cover letter. Please also let us know when you could potentially start and your preferred salary. We kindly ask you not to include a picture in your application documents.