Ableton is looking for a new colleague to assist us in creating inspiring films to be published primarily on Ableton’s channels. The successful candidate will identify and develop opportunities to showcase the diversity of creative expression across Ableton’s user community in North America. You will be part of a proactive Marketing & Communications team which is committed to creativity, innovation and diversity in music culture.
Ableton currently produces and publishes a range of video content; from in-depth documentary films to a monthly series featuring artist tips. All of this material is currently produced by our colleagues in Berlin.
Since North America is a large territory; rich in musical talent and with very significant strategic importance for the brand, we would like the region to take a more perceptible role in video production. Having a dedicated documentarian based at our office in Pasadena, California will enable us to better represent this community and its interests across the Ableton website, social media and via media partnerships.
- Work closely with Artist Relations and other members of the Marketing & Communications team to identify opportunities and develop localized stories in the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Planning and coordination of filming, editing and publishing schedule in close cooperation with Ableton’s Head of Documentaries and the Communications Team in Berlin.
- Writing proposals and treatments for documentary films which inspire and inform music makers.
- Conducting research into artists’ specific workflows and use cases to build compelling stories about their creative process.
- Guiding the filming and editing of footage with a keen eye for narrative and inspirational benefit for the Ableton audience.
- Recruitment and management of freelance contractors with the necessary specialisms to complete larger scale projects
- Ensure that all such projects are created in accordance with Ableton’s style guide and brand voice.
- You’re a passionate and practiced music maker
- Professional experience in all aspects of documentary film making
- Extensive professional experience with video production and production crews
- Exemplary communication skills. Able to adopt a neutral yet accessible tone.
- Superb organizational skills, a willingness to take initiative, and a strong work ethic
- Open-minded and passionate about music culture, creativity and music technology
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Solid knowledge of music software and hardware, especially Live & Push
- Advanced video editing experience with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Task and time management experience
- Excellent proficiency in English
- You are empathetic and open minded
- You have a high level of self organization
- You have a clear creative vision but are open to feedback and coaching
- You have an eye for detail as well as for the big picture
- You are equally comfortable talking to artists and presenting your work to executives
What would make you stand out
- You can demonstrate a strong sense of narrative and storytelling in your previous work
- You have experience making documentaries specifically about musicians and their creative process
- You can demonstrate a broad appreciation of musical creativity, irrespective of genre
- You have a degree in English, journalism or media production
- You have experience in color grading using DaVinci Resolve
- You speak Spanish, French or German fluently
Sounds like a great opportunity?
If you like the sound of this role, please send us your resume, a cover letter (outlining why you want to make films on behalf of Ableton). Please also let us know when you could potentially start and your preferred salary.
Thank you for your interest!