We are looking for engineers to join our effort to give music makers easy access to the music material they make and use. You’ll work in and be supported by an agile, self-organized team, alongside designers and product experts. Together you will prototype and implement services and technologies to connect the music space. Join us in advancing our products, processes and company culture.
As part of our team you will shape the connected future of music making. Together, we will ensure that our products empower our users to break down barriers and experience continuous flow in their music making process. You’ll give recommendations to our long-term technical strategy, and you’ll be instrumental to the decisions that lead to shipping new products and features. You’ll be encouraged to explore your wildest ideas in our hack weeks.
- You develop, deploy and maintain an ecosystem of backend services and client-facing APIs.
- You automate our services configuration, deployment, scaling and resilience on cloud services platforms.
- You continuously work towards improving the reliability and security of our services (SRE).
- You design, prototype, user-test and implement new features.
- You drive technical problem solving processes and decisions.
- You interact with internal and external developers working with our services and technologies.
Skills and Experience
- You are either already proficient in Go or excited to learn it.
- You are experienced with container and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- You are experienced with APIs and network protocols design.
- You enjoy crafting simple solutions to complex engineering problems and are sensitive to product user experience and design.
- You have proficient communication skills, and experience in collaborating closely with other teams.
- You’re an independent thinker, but thrive in a tight-knit team.
- You feel comfortable with pair programming as well as giving and receiving feedback from your colleagues.
- You are engaged, enthusiastic and love to learn new things.
- You actively contribute to making your company and teams more inclusive.
What would make you stand out
- You have a deep understanding of network technologies and/or operating systems internals.
- You have experience working with C++, Rust, and/or Swift programming languages.
- You have experience in distributed systems, SQL databases and storage problematics.
- You write and give inspiring talks about topics that are meaningful to you or contribute on to open-source projects.
- You like to play the devil’s advocate.
Working at Ableton means being a part of creating products that shape the future of music culture in a dynamic and diverse environment.
Sounds like a great opportunity?
We look forward to receiving your application including a resume and a cover letter. We ask that you do not include a picture in your application documents.
Want to learn more about Ableton and why we believe you will like it here? Take a look at our about page and @AbletonDev.