As Release Manager, you'll be responsible for the delivery of our current and future software products to users. You will work with representatives from QA, Support, Development, Product, and Project Management to regularly deliver highest quality software releases. You'll drive improvements to the process, and grow it to incorporate future products and needs, while working with people across Product Development. You'll be a critical part of our work.
Live is our main software product, used every day in studios and live performance; as part of our team, you'll own the delivery of Live releases. You'll drive improvements to the reliability and quality of the release process. You'll support testing and propose release scenarios for features, evaluate technical risks and contingencies, and enable our quickly growing development teams to scale to new products and product areas. Together we will ensure that Live stays the creative tool of choice for dedicated musicians and artists who are pushing music forward.
- You’ll own and drive the existing release process for Live, which includes:
- Publishing and verifying releases for Live's production and beta/testing tracks
- Overseeing the bundling of other resources (such as Max and sound content) and publishing release notes
- Coordinating with Product Owners, QA, and other stakeholders on short-term release timelines
- Determining how the release branches are managed and used
- You’ll identify and drive improvements to the release process
- You’ll create release processes for new Ableton products and guide teams in adopting them
Skills & Experience
- You can collaborate with others to analyze the technical risks of a release strategy, identify contingency plans, and recommend a path forward
- You are familiar with strategies for organizing development and release branches
- You know your way around Git or GitHub and can use it to understand which changes impact a release
- You have experience with Unix-like CLI tools and shell scripting
- You are fluent in English
- You are comfortable managing processes and relationships across teams and functions (e.g. QA, Support, Product Owners, Development, etc.)
- You are capable of making pragmatic and sometimes difficult decisions while empathizing with user needs
- You are an independent and determined problem solver
- You communicate clearly in person and in writing
What would make you stand out
- You have experience with owning or shaping release processes
- You can develop tools to organize information and/or automate manual tasks
- You have established targets and evaluation criteria for release go/no-go decisions in the past
- You have worked in Site Reliability, Devops, Support, or another role that balances user value against product desires to ship new features
- You understand the feature sets of Live and Push, which you can use to evaluate the user impact of bugs or features
Working at Ableton means helping shape the future of music culture in a dynamic and diverse environment.
We work hard to foster an environment in which people can grow both personally and professionally. We come from a wide range of cultural and professional backgrounds, and believe that diverse groups of people make better teams. We’re committed to increasing diversity in our workplace and providing equal opportunity throughout our recruitment process.
Sounds like a great opportunity?
We look forward to receiving your application including a CV/resumé and your possible starting date. We ask that you do not include a picture in your application documents.
Want to learn more about Ableton and why we believe you will like it here? Take a look at our about page and @AbletonDev.