Our Office Team in Pasadena, CA is looking for a senior accountant who can work independently and loves to tackle interesting projects as well as handle and oversee daily bookkeeping tasks. You will be part of a dynamic office environment contributing your expertise, passion and entrepreneurial spirit to help our management team efficiently run the financial operations of our business.
Your dedication, knowledge and talent will assure accurate financial reporting to our management team while responding to inquiries from our customer and community members in a professional manner. As a valuable team player, you will participate in shaping the future of our expanding endeavors in the North American market as well as globally.
- This position entails a variety of accounts receivable and payable tasks, including maintaining our fixed asset and general ledger journals
- Complete daily, monthly and yearly closing tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist in intercompany accounting transactions by working closely with our international group accountants
- Develop and document accounting policies to maintain internal control and assure compliance with GAAP principles
- Assist with tax returns
- Generate financial statements and reports according to schedule
- Contribute and engage in internal financial projects
- Excellent listening and communication skills (verbal and written)
- You show enthusiasm and passion in your work
- Self-motivated, self-organized, creative and efficient in proposing solutions
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- BS degree in accounting or relevant
What would make you stand out
- Fluency in German or Spanish
- International accounting knowledge
- Experience with US sales tax laws
- Microsoft Dynamics Navision experience a plus
Working at Ableton
We make Live, Push and Link - unique software and hardware for music creation and performance. With these products, our community of users creates amazing things. Ableton was founded in 1999 and released the first version of Live in 2001. Our products are used by a community of dedicated musicians, sound designers and artists from across the world.
We’re passionate about what we do, but for us, improving who we are is just as important. With us, you’ll work in relaxed but dynamic environment, in an expanding company of people who love music and technology. We’re committed to increasing diversity in our workplace and providing equal opportunity throughout our recruitment process.
If you like the sound of this role, please send us your resume, and a cover letter outlining why you want to join the Ableton team. Please also let us know when you could potentially start and your preferred salary. Thank you for your interest!