How do I set up my Akai MPD24 with Live?
- Live Versions:
7 - 9
- Operating System:
Control Surface Setup
- Plug the MPD24 into your computer via USB.
- Open Live's Preferences and show the MIDI/Sync tab.
- In the upper section, choose MPD24 from the Control Surface Chooser and then choose Akai MPD24 as your Control Surface Input and Output.
MPD 24 Control SurfaceInput Output
- Please enable the MIDI Input Port for the USB connection so that you can enter notes with the MPD24's pads.
- Press the Preset button on your MPD24 and then turn the Value knob until you have selected Live (preset 5).
- The MPD24 Control Surface allows the faders (F1-F6) to control the first six Track Volume sliders.
- The MPD24 Control Surface allows the endless encoders to control the first six parameters of the currently selected device.
- The sixteen velocity sensitivity pads on the MPD24 will play notes of a selected Instrument or a Drum Rack Pad.
- You will see three MIDI Input Ports and two MIDI Output Ports available for the MPD24 in Live's MIDI/Sync Preferences.
- It is only necessary to enable the MIDI Ports listed as MPD24 (not Akai MPD24) for the USB connection to be recognized.
- The other Input Ports which are listed as Akai MPD24 are for the actual physical MIDI Input on the MPD24 and a virtual MIDI Port.
- The two Output Ports correspond to the USB Output Port and the physical MIDI Output Port.