- Live Versions: 8 - 9
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.9 and above
When starting Live (after a fresh installation on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or above) the following ReWire error message is shown:
Live fails to install the file "ReWire.bundle" into the local library of a Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks system, when admin rights are required to access this folder.
To manually solve this issue, make sure Live has full read and write access to the ReWire folder in the local library. To do this, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. In Finder navigate to this location:
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire/
Note: "Macintosh HD/Library/" is the local library on top level of the system hard drive. There is a second library located in the user folder, which is hidden by default on current Mac systems. The library in the user folder is not relevant for this procedure.
2. Select the folder "ReWire" by left-clicking on it with the mouse.
3. Press [cmd][I] on your computer keyboard to open the Info window.
4. In the lower part of this window you will find the Sharing & Permissions pane.
Note: the list of the Sharing & Permissions pane might look different depending on which ReWire application created this folder initially. We don't need to be worried about that at the moment. Just follow the next steps to fix the error shown by Live.
5. Click on the lock symbol at the bottom of this window, in case the lock is closed. You will be asked to enter your admin password. Enter it and confirm it by pressing Enter on the computer keyboard.
6. Now, please click the "+" symbol to add a user to the Sharing & Permissions pane.
7. Select your user from the appearing window.
8. After being added to the list, make sure it has read & write access.