- Live Versions: 6 - 9
- Operating System: ALL
- Third-party Remote Scripts stop working after manually updating Live.
- The Scripts are no longer listed in the Control Surface menu in the MIDI/Sync tab of Live's Preferences.
Third-party MIDI Remote Scripts which have been manually installed in the Live application/resources folder (e.g. Maschine) are not copied automatically into the respective folder of a new Live version.
Install the Remote Scripts again as described in the documentation of the hardware controller and also take a look at our installation hints for such Scripts.
File path for the folder “MIDI Remote Scripts”:
- Prior to Live 8.3: C:\Program Files\Ableton\Live x.x.x:\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\
- Since Live 8.3: C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live x\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\ on Windows 7 and Vista and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ableton\Live x\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\ on Windows XP.
- Locate the “Live.app” file here: Macintosh HD/Applications/Live x.x.x./Live.app
- Right click on the “Live.app” file and choose “Show Package Contents”
- Open the folder: Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/
Note: This only applies to third-party Python Remote Scripts. “User Remote Scripts” in Live´s preferences folder are copied automatically when updating Live.
Please refer to the following knowledge base article for further informations how to access hidden folders on Windows and Mac OS X.