Why is Live not seeing my Live Packs anymore?
- Live Versions: 9
- Operating System: ALL
Only in the version of Live used to install a Live Pack, will the Pack be available in the Places section of the Browser. If for example you are alternating between the regular Live 9 and the Live 9 beta release, one of the two versions might fail to detect the recently installed content, even if both version point to the same Packs folder.
In order to address this, you can do as follows:
- Open Preferences and click on the Library tab
- Click the upper "Browse" button (Installation Folder for Packs)
- Point Live to any other directory on your hard disk
- When asked if you wish to move over the currently installed content, click "No"
- Next, click "Browse" once more and point Live to the directory where the Packs are actually located
- Restart Live
Please note that, depending on how many Live Packs are installed, indexing the content might take a while. Live will still display the Packs in the respective seciton of the browser, but these will probably not show any content unless this has been fully indexed.
While Live is indexing the content, a spinning wheel will appear at the right of the "Places" label in the browser.