- Live Versions: 4 - 9
- Operating System: ALL
The sustain pedal acts and records “inversed” - it sustains while NOT pressed, and stops sustaining when pressed.
Parameters/Buttons which are mapped to the sustain pedal act inversed.
- The polarity of the sustain pedal or the keyboard/controller to which the pedal is connected is set wrong:
- Pedal pressed: CC 64 = 0, pedal released: CC 64 = 127
Sustain pedal values need to be: pedal pressed: CC 64 = 127, pedal released: CC 64 = 0
There are four options to change this:
- Most pedals have a physical switch to reverse the polarity.
- With some pedals, switching the polarity might work this way:
- Plug the cable in while pedal is pressed.
- Unplug the cable while pedal is pressed, then replug while not pressed.
- Reverse the polarity in the editor of the keyboard/controller to which the pedal is connected.