Plug-in does not appear in the plug-in browser on OSX Intel Mac
- Live Versions: 5.2.2 - 9
- Operating System: OS X Intel
A VST/AU plug-in does not appear in the VST browser on OS X Intel Mac.
The VST/AU plug-in is an outdated PowerPC file and only works on PPC Macs, but not on Intel machines.
Check if the plug-in exists in UB (=Universal Binary) format and update the plug-in to this format.
To check if a plug-in is UB:
- Open the folder in which your plug-ins are installed.
- On a Mac you have 2 system folders where plug-ins are usually installed by default:
- Macintosh HD:/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST (for VST plug-ins)
- Macintosh HD:/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components (for AU plug-ins)
- Locate the problematic plug-in file and select it.
- Press cmd+i to bring up the Info window.
- In the Info window's 'General' section, it will display the document type, either 'Universal' or 'PowerPC'.