- Live Versions: 8 - 9
- Operating System: ALL
Connect your Akai MPK keyboard to your computer and start Live.
- On your MPK keyboard, choose the "Live" or "Live Lite" preset by moving the knob right next to the screen to the according preset. Confirm by pushing down the knob.
- Open up Live's preferences (CTRL+, / CMD+,) and select the MIDI/Sync tab.
- In the first available Control Surface choosers, select your MPK. In this example, an MPK 49 is used.
- In the related Input and Output choosers, select Akai MPK 49, if not chosen automatically.
- In the MIDI Ports section at the bottom make sure Track is activated for the MPK 49 Input port, which will enable the keyboard to play notes in Live 8.
- Optionally you can also turn Remote to on in order to make custom mappings with your MPK 49 via Live's MIDI Mapping function.
- The MPK 49 also features a built-in Arpeggiator. To use it with Live we recommend activating Sync for the Output port of the MPK 49, and setting the MIDI clock of your MPK 49 to external. For further details please refer to your MPK manual.
Here is a dedicated tutorial video provided by Akai which explains how to set up your Akai MPK in Live step-by-step: