- Live Versions: ALL
- Operating System: OS X
After an OS X software update, Live doesn't start correctly anymore.
The OS X disk permissions have been changed by the update and haven't been correctly reset.
The OS X disk permissions need to be repaired.
- Start the Mac's Disk Utility to be found under Applications/Utilities.
- Select the Macintosh HD.
- On the right side, show the “First Aid” tab.
- Select “Repair Disk Permissions”.
If repairing the permissions doesn't solve the problem, a fresh installation of the latest Live version is recommended:
- Remove the Live application folder.
- Delete the following Ableton folders:
Macintosh HD:/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Ableton/
- Download the latest Live version.
- Install and re-authorize via your user account.
- If the Live Library was saved at the default location, Live should now detect it. Otherwise, change the path manually in the Library tab in Live's Preferences.
Please refer to the following knowledge base article for further informations how to access hidden folders on Windows and Mac OS X.