- Live Versions: Live 7.0 - 7.0.18
- Operating System: ALL
When dragging content from Live's Library to a track, a 'crossed out' sign and a 'corrupt document' message is shown.
This most likely happens because the existing Live 7 Library was updated to a Live 8 Library, e.g. when running a Live 8 Trial.
Do a clean reinstall of Live 7's Library:
Update to Live 7.0.18
Delete your old Library folder:
- Start Live
- Open Live's preferences' “File Folder” tab
- Write down or remember the path which is listed under “Library Location”
- Close Live
- Browse to the path listed under “Library Location”
- If necessary, make a backup of your own projects or presets (just in case you saved any within the “Library Location”)
- Trash all contents you can find in the path listed under “Library Location”
Create and select a new Library Folder:
- Create a new, empty folder on your hard disk, name it uniquely (eg. “Live7Library”)
- The folder can can be in any location but the default one would be here:
- Windows Vista and Windows 7: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Live7Library\
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Live7Library\
- OS X: Macintosh HD:/Users/[username]/Documents/Live7Library/
- Open Live
- Go to Preferences → File Folder
- Use the “Browse” button next to “Library Location” to select your newly created folder
- If asked by a dialog window, select to 1) create a new Library and 2) confirm to install default content
Install additional content:
- Live Packs of sampled instruments (eg. EIC2, Session Drums) need to be installed from the DVDs again.
- Download additional Live Packs for optional add-on instruments from our web-site again.
- Install Live Packs as described in the reference manual.