No MIDI ports available in Live after upgrading the Mac OS
- Live Versions: 1 - 9
- Operating System: OS X
- MIDI hardware doesn't work anymore in Live after upgrading the Mac operating system or after using Apple's Migration Assistant.
- In Live's Preferences → MIDI tab, no MIDI ports are listed.
- Live may take a long time to launch.
A corrupt or incompatible MIDI driver.
- Make sure Live isn't running.
- Open the Audio MIDI Setup utility. It can be found under /Applications/Utilities/.
- In the Audio MIDI Setup show the MIDI Window.
- Click into the configuration chooser and select “New Configuration…”.
- Close the Audio MIDI Setup.
- Start Live again.
- If this doesn't help, it might be necessary to remove all MIDI drivers from the system, for example when the error message "The MIDI Server can't be opened" appears
- Please find a description how to do that on this external web site.
- MIDI drivers can be re-installed afterwards.