Crash at startup due to outdated Melodyne
- Live Versions: 1 - 9
- Operating System: OSX 10.5 - 10.8
- Live crashes during startup while ReWire is initialized
- Melodyne is listed in the crashing thread
- OS was upgraded from 10.4 to 10.5, 10.6., 10.7. or 10.8.
- An outdated version of Melodyne (prior v3.2.2 of Melodyne Studio and Melodyne Cre8, v1.8.1 of Melodyne Essential and Melodyne Uno) is installed, that is not compatible with the latest versions of OSX.
- This version will crash all ReWire master applications at start-up.
- Updating Melodyne to its latest version or removing it from your computer solves the problem.
- To remove it, drag any files into the trash bin which have “Melodyne” in their name and which are located in these folders:
- /Applications/Melodyne 3.x
- /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire/MelodyneRewireDevice
- /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire/ MelodyneRewireDevice.plugin
- /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug Ins/MelodyneBridge.dpm
- /Users/“your username”/Library/Preferences/Melodyne Preferences
- /Library/Application Support/Celemony/Licenses/MelodyneStudioCre8.license
- /User/Library/Preferences/Melodyne License
- /Applications/Melodyne plugin
- /Users/“your username”/Library/Preferences/com.celemony.melodyneplugin.prefs
- AU: Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Melodyne plugin.component
- VST: Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Melodyne plugin.vst
Note: If you have an older version of Melodyne Essential, the path name can slightly differ
(e.g. /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire/MelodyneEssentialReWireDevice.plugin) but the location is the same.
- Please check also this related Celemony forum thread.