Live crashes on Windows 7 on start up because of missing DLLs
- Live Versions: 7 - 9
- Operating System: WIN 7
Live crashes on start up.
The crash happens due to missing MSVCP71.dll / MSVCR71.dll files.
- Download and install the .dll files according to this link:
missing dll tutorial
- Move the .dll files into the correct folder:
- 32 bit systems: C:\Windows\System32\ folder
- 64 bit systems: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\
- Register the .dll files:
- Click Start
- Type the following string into the Search Bar: regsvr32
- Click Enter