Live can't be uninstalled because the file 'install.log' could not be found
- Live Versions: 1 - 8.2.9
- Operating System: WIN
Live can't be uninstalled because the uninstaller can't find the file 'INSTALL.LOG'.
- Open the directory where Live is installed:32 bit XP/Vista/Win 7: C:\Program Files\Ableton\Live x.x.x\Install\64 bit XP/Vista/Win 7: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ableton\Live x.x.x\Install\
- There should be a file named “INSTALL.LOG” in there. (If not, please delete the Live x.x.x folder(s) in Program Files manually. In this case you don't need to continue with the next steps.)
- Move (cut and paste) the “INSTALL.LOG” to an new empty folder on your desktop (create a new folder first and then paste the INSTALL.LOG into it).
- Now, double click the uninstaller (uninstall.exe or unwise.exe).
- It will ask you to open the installation log. Locate the “INSTALL.LOG” file on your desktop.
- Now, the uninstall process should work fine.