I have patches that I've made in the standalone version of Max. Can I use them in Max for Live?
- Live Versions: 8.2.2 - 9
- Operating System: ALL
Yes, but they will need to be copied into Max for Live manually. To do this:
- Open the original patch in the standalone version of Max
- Copy the entire contents of the patch
- Open Live
- Load an empty Max Instrument, Max MIDI Effect or Max Audio Effect, depending on the type of device you're trying to make
- Click the empty device's Edit Button to open the Max editor
- Paste the contents of the original patch into the editor
- You may need to modify the new device to take into consideration the pre-made input and output objects.