Live hangs while launching on OS X Lion or above
- Live-Versionen: 8.2.5 - 9
- Betriebssystem: OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9
- Live gets unresponsive while launching on Mac OS 10.7 or above and takes 5-10 minutes to start.
- No MIDI ports listed in Live's preferences → MIDI/Sync tab.
- This error message might appear: "Company Support Dir not found"
The most prominent MIDI problem on Lion is caused by a Digidesign MIDI driver which is obviously not fully Lion compatible and causes all MIDI applications to hang while trying to initialize this driver. The system's Audio-MIDI-Setup is for example also affected (/Applications/Utilities/).
- Install the latest Pro Tools 10 update, or:
- Remove the Digidesign MIDI driver DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin from this folder: Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/
- Please contact Avid regarding a Lion compatible MIDI driver for your Pro Tools hardware.
For further information please refer to the following Avid knowledge base article.