- Live-Versionen: 6 - 8.2.4
- Betriebssystem: All
Constant crashes at start-up during plug-in scanning.
A big folder was accidentally chosen (e.g. 'C:\') as the 'VST Plug-In Custom Folder'. These folders contain files that are interpreted as third-party plugins.
- Hold the [ALT] key during the restart of Live → plug-in scanning will be skipped
- Go to the 'File/Folder' tab in the Live Preferences
- Choose a suitable 'VST Plug-In Custom Folder' (e.g. dedicated folder named VST plugins)
- Restart Live → Live should rescan your plug-ins and start
With Live 8.2.5, we now prevent choosing the root of the system hard drive (or the Windows system folders on Windows machines) as the third-party plugin location.