I feel like Push 2 is useless for me...
Hey guys, sorry for such offensive title, but I just can't seem to figure this thing out.
I purchased Push 2 like a week ago with not so much a research, (since everybody was just praising this instrument I thought I should just buy it right away)
I tried few different music production using this gear, first 2 days were tough. I had to figure out how to actually operate this guy and addition to that, I am not really comfortable with using live so I had to learn two things at the same time.
Let me just briefly introduce my situation.
I have Maschine, I am a keyboard player, used Logic for a while and switched to Ableton Live about 3 months ago.
Let me explain why I think Push is not for me as a Maschine owner and a keyboard player.
1) Browsing function on Push is pretty good. But I feel like using the mouse to just navigate by looking at the screen is way faster.
2) Sampling Features and converting to Drum Rack is pretty amazing but I think I can pretty much do that on Maschine. I think it would take a little more effort and time. But definitely not worth $799
3) Drum step sequencing pretty amazing but can be done on Maschine as well.
4) As a keyboard player, note scale function on push 2 is just not useful at all. I am way more comfortable on playing keys rather than Push 2
5) Knobs are great but I can do that on my Midi keyboard.
6) One of the biggest reason why I purchased Push 2 was performing live. But with a little more research, It seems like it is smarter to go for Launchpad or APC40 since I will just play the clips I produced.
What is really a strength to this instrument? If I can't really find any strength that can enhance my music production I think I am going to refund this right away...
I feel like this instrument is good for people who don't know how to play keyboard, don't know how to sample with Maschine.
Just simply put,
When I produce music, my eyes are fixed on the monitor even though I have my Push 2 in front of me. Most of the work is done by mouse and keyboard shortcuts and my MIDI keyboard. I force my self to use the Push but it feels like I can just do those with other way easily.
What do you guys think? I am sure that there should be amazing feature on this thing but I just can't seem to find it...
Do you guys think I just need to spend more time with Push 2?
You need to be logged in, have a Live license, and have a username set in your account to be able to answer questions.
Give us your feedback.