stanton dascratch - new midi controller

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
robleighton22

stanton dascratch - new midi controller

Post by robleighton22 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:59 am

http://www.stantondj.com/gc/index.html

also www.skratchworx.com has a video. amazing hip hop mix actually, dunno who the dj is, but that is sum impressive cutting and use of effects.

anyway, dunno exactly what this thing does, the video is purposely darked out to not reveal the product, but the picture on the dj forums gives u a good idea.

apparently gonna b pretty cheap.

Daim

Post by Daim » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:07 pm

yeah stanton is known for their awesome final scratch 1 hardware and their great turntables :oops: :lol:

robleighton22

Post by robleighton22 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:20 pm

well they did introduce timecoded vinyl to us, even tho serato and everyone else bettered them. give them some points for innovation at least.

also that stanton enter the system mixer and turntable does look sick. in my opinion a lot better than the ns7 or vci.

and this gadget, looks very interesting.

ive always thought stanton are very innotive . ive got their old all fader mixer. and seriously, when i compare it to the vestax pmc 05 range (the equivalent in the price range) i dont get why stanton get soo much slack. my mixer has 3 penny and giles faders (2 up, and a cross fader....which can all be switched around as soon as one fader begins to wear out). the eq's cut (which the vestax pmc-05 dont....in fact the eqs suck big time on those mixers...and my m8s fader got busted after only a few months).

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:41 pm

That DJ is doing Stanton a good service. He def. has the skills to pay the bills.

robleighton22

Post by robleighton22 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:21 pm

epmd - you gotta chill...the first track he plays....oooo one of my favourite all time hip hop tracks.