Circle Synth

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JJarvis

Circle Synth

Post by JJarvis » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:50 pm

I just tried the demo for this thing. Circle is a semimodular soft synth and is really fun to program. I love the design of this thing. The envelopes and lfos are animated. I can imagine using this as my go to synth. Although it seems to be a bit of a cpu hog when you go crazy with the programming. I hope that other soft synth developers take a note from the simple interface, similar to ableton, and dump the unnecessary graphical interfaces in favor for a more intuitive design like this.
http://www.futureaudioworkshop.com/circle/

oblique strategies

Re: Circle Synth

Post by oblique strategies » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:33 am

JJarvis wrote: I hope that other soft synth developers take a note from the simple interface, similar to ableton, and dump the unnecessary graphical interfaces in favor for a more intuitive design like this.
http://www.futureaudioworkshop.com/circle/
I agree with you, Circle is very nice looking.

Glad to see more decent looking apps appearing.

Too bad about Circle being a CPU hog.

Any more pros & cons?

babkubwa

Post by babkubwa » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:41 pm

I had a half an hour on it yesterday and was really impressed with the sounds. Some great presets, and so easy to change the character of them without a struggle. 100 quids a bit steep for me, but reckon I could get quite a lot out of the demo version for now.

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:53 pm

can someone post a screenshot of this that isn't all stretched horizontally? The ones on that page are messed up (via internet explorer 7, anyway...)

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:04 pm

nevermind... yay google images

Gnuus

Post by Gnuus » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:29 am

A powerful, easy to use software synthesizer. For Mac and Windows.
Standalone, Audio Unit, VST and RTAS.
VISUALLY DESIGN SOUNDS
Simply move colour coded circles around the interface to start creating your own unique sounds. Preview the connections by just hovering the circle beneath a knob. Explore sound in an intuitive way.
POWERFUL AUDIO ENGINE
Choose from a large variety of effects and audio modules. Mix the classic synthesizer tones of analog modeled filters and oscillators with contemporary wavetables and digital bit crushers.
START RIGHT AWAY
To get you started, Circle comes with many pre-made sounds, in a wide variety of styles and genres.
CREATIVE CONTROL
Assign your midi controllers in a simple and fast way with visual midi learn. Attach multiple parameters to a single controller.
EVERYTHING AT A GLANCE
With Circle’s high contrast, single pane interface you can see everything at a single glance while performing live on stage.

It sounds really great!!
http://myspace.com/aftronics
Live 10 Intro | iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16 GB Ram | Samaon Graphite 49 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | iPad air | ZOOM TAC-2 | Roland TD11

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:47 am

aburgener wrote:can someone post a screenshot of this that isn't all stretched horizontally? The ones on that page are messed up (via internet explorer 7, anyway...)
duh.
:wink:

Freekster

Post by Freekster » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:21 pm

After couple of days testing this is THE synth for me. Finally a synth that is really easy to program your own sounds. The GUI is just about perfect. I have never got it why virtual synths have virtual knobs? Those very user unfriendly. Slider up and down are teh thing for mouse usage.

Visual feedback of envelopes and lfos are <3

Basic sound is nothing new, but the GUI is so good that for a first time ever I start by resetting sound and creating a patch from scratch. I'm a music maker not a sound designer and I don't want to spend hours just to get a sound that I need.
Studio: Macbook Pro, Live 8 Suite, Plugins, Apple Logic Pro, MicroKONTROL, Nocturn, Motu UltraLite, iPad B Truth monitors.
Stage: MBP, Live, MicroKONTROL, iPad, UltraLite.

New EP out as free download: http://music.bubblescum.com
Bubble Scum Homepage
Bubble Scum Facebook

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:58 pm

Really liked the videos on this - kind of reminds me a bit of massive in its routing. must try the demo on the weekend.

ollyb303

It rocks

Post by ollyb303 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:40 pm

I've been using Circle for a while now. It's awesome, very intuitive and above all reall fun to use. I recommend it.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:47 pm

I've been thinking about getting this for a while - looks really good.

roby

Post by roby » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:26 pm

i though the sounds was average though. great interface

condra

Post by condra » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:56 pm

roby wrote:i though the sounds was average though. great interface
I agree fully.

Very nice animated modular interface but sound is MOR.