Antares Filter

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
suburbanbather

Antares Filter

Post by suburbanbather » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:58 pm

Anybody own or had good experience with it. Based on the mega-success of their autotune plugin I'm wondering if this filter is as good as it looks in the reviews I've read. I need opinions from real users not magazine reviews. I feel like they never give the real dirt on the product they are reviewing. Its like the only bad thing any magazine has to say about a product in review is the minor stuff that would not stop somebody from buying it. Well anyways this filter seems to be one badass tool that would make live4 even more badass once all of the kinks are worked out of it(thankgod for beta).

d-plate

Post by d-plate » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:14 pm

Antares Filter? I have it and LOVE IT!

If u can go for it, don't even think twice. Just a bit CPU hungry... but then again my 1,7GHZ P4 needs a substitute :cry:

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:30 pm

cpu hungry? I guess just render to wav whenever you come up with a usable sound. I guess the delays, lfo's, and everything else that make it more than just a filter would eat up processor power. But like I said render to wav. Yeah, I think I'll get it when live4 is released.

d-plate

Post by d-plate » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:37 pm

of course, render to wav, but sometimes it's a bit of a pain in the arse, having to render all the time :lol:

think u cant go wrong with it tho... one of the most powerful tools I have around.

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:09 pm

Since reaktor3 and acid3 are the only programs I have been using for 2years or since I first got into this stuff, render to wav has been my middle name. Make a some cool sounds in Reaktor and save as a wav. Open Acid, play with new sounds from Reaktor. This way of working is tedious, slow, interrupts the train of thought on what I'm doing. But it works. Now, live4 for will give me a platform to work the same way but with out having open close separate programs back and forth back and forth. I love the way Acid works but Live4 really seems like its going to make it obsolete. Maybe thats why SonicFoundry let Sony buy em out. Looks like SoundForge will be the only reason Sony was interested.

forge

Post by forge » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:15 pm

I have it it's superb. definitely check it out if you can

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:29 am

I downloaded the demo, followed the prompts, read the read me finished installing, rebooted, install wizard tells me successfully installed, I open Acid open a project drop the plugin in a track and FFFFFFfffUUUUUUUUUCCCCCccKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! it tells me not loaded successfully. :twisted: :cry: :twisted: :cry: :twisted: Oh well I'll try it again later with my laptop when I get live4. Pissessssssssss me off. The Ohmforce filter works and I love it. I want to try the antares filter :cry: :cry:

loophead

Post by loophead » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:04 pm

suburban, You already said it. The ohmforce Quad fromage is a much better filter. Probably the beefiest out there. I tried the Antares demo but bout the PSP Nitro which sounds hugly better and can do a lot more. Like the Antares filter it does not have the girth of Ohm but overall much much cooler than Antares (also less $). Try the PSP demo before you buy the Antares. :wink:
Live 607 Mac G5 dual 2.0 Ghz w/ 3.5 gig ram
OS X 10.4.10, Motu 828mk2, c-thru axis, Too many plugins "detective chief superintendent"

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:55 pm

Psp? I'll have to google that. Yeah, the fromage filter rocks and I use it on almost every drum or sub-bass sound that I am tweeking. I'm deffiniatelty adding the fromage filter to my laptop. I just got a new laptop and have no software for it yet (but I'm waiting for live3 to arrive in the mail and am immediately upgrading to 4 when available) The NI Absynth 2 looks and sounds like what I will want to do(especially with live4) so maybe I won't need the Antatres filter at all. :D