i just want

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
slsls

i just want

Post by slsls » Fri May 28, 2004 3:15 pm

a faster startup..., ok .. this is not just for live ..im just expression my frustation to the general audio aplications , in this days they all should be , 2 clicks and the main window appear.... but it´s not... saw a lot of people talking and request new features, but this is just what i want....

Post by Guest » Fri May 28, 2004 3:23 pm

you must be on a mac :) I heard a tip on closing all of your Live browser folders upon quitting Live, so that when you re-open it, Live doesn't waste time scanning all of them--try it out.

Ryan

Post by Guest » Sat May 29, 2004 1:24 pm

me too, love Live but wanna a faster start up, i think they should first take this Live to perfection , before introduction new features.., i dream that some day turn on the pc will be as turn on the tv.., click and all is ready..., i have inumerous aplications and by the time they all start up i get bored

forge

Post by forge » Sat May 29, 2004 11:26 pm

Oddly enough, normally on my PC it takes ages to load up, but I'm playing about on my G3 900 PB at the moment with live 3.02 and os x 10.2.8 and I was just thinking how it started up really quick

I'm using the built in soundcard ( and I'm VERY impressed at the latency I can get off the in-built card - I'm quite comfortably working at 5.8 ms at the moment - I'd be lucky to get 4 times that with the windows crappy direct sound etc....)

I also have loads of vst plugs in the plug directory

so i would say that either it's down to the drivers of your card or some of your plug-ins

I'll try it with my firewire 410 and see if it makes any difference to startup time

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sun May 30, 2004 10:36 am

I'm running an old Terratec 24/96 at 0.65 ms latencyand Live takes around 2.5 seconds to start, folders open or closed. I've been really tempted to get another card but this little terratec seems to be doing just fine.

Post by Guest » Mon May 31, 2004 3:20 pm

the main thing I noticed slows it down is scanning the plug-ins directory

Tracktion has a 'rescan plugin directory on startup' check box which is a very cool idea and would be well worth implementing

That way you uncheck it, it dramatically speeds up startup and you just scan manually when you add new plug-ins

Post by Guest » Mon May 31, 2004 3:58 pm

that will be a great idea... and by the way .. is traktion any good when compare to live..cus i see lot of people talking on this ..and ....would like to know if that thing is any good

forge

Post by forge » Mon May 31, 2004 6:54 pm

tracktion's great, but as soon as live has midi + vsti i wont use it, and that could be soon