7.0.1: Uninstalled Live 6, permanent Missing Samples msg

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Nokatus

7.0.1: Uninstalled Live 6, permanent Missing Samples msg

Post by Nokatus » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:16 pm

Edit: I updated the thread title, as I think I found out the cause after ghosting back the system partition. Everything described below was somehow caused by uninstalling Live 6? I have no clue what the actual "missing samples" were, as there were no references to any, and the Library was all the while working properly (located on a completely different partition). I just left Live 6 installed for now, and everything works again.

------

Live 7.0.1 started giving me a puzzling "Samples are missing" notification, right from the startup, although my template set doesn't contain any references to any samples. This didn't happen a while ago, but suddenly it does.

So, there's a bright red notification in the bottom of the screen at all times, it seems. When I click on it, the "Missing Files" view comes up, and there should be a list of referenced samples -- but there aren't any listed, as there are no referenced samples in the set.

Similarly, when I go to File > Manage Files > Manage Set, and see the section "Missing Samples", it correctly states: "There are no missing samples." All the while the red notification stays at the bottom of the screen.

Also: "All of the samples used by this project are contained within it", "There are no unused samples in this project", and "This Project contains 0 bytes of data. 0 Samples (0 Bytes)"

The Library is located on another drive, and Live finds it correctly.

Edit:

To make this a bit more informational: the only products that are activated are Live 7 itself and Sampler. I haven't got any of the sample expansion products (EIC or drum packages), and I did a clean upgrade of the core program only (the downloaded upgrade from 6 to 7). So this can't be related to any of the samples in the said expansions, either.

Also, I tried uninstalling the default live packages (basics & lessons). That leaves only the core of Live and Sampler installed. Still, I constantly have the red notice on my screen. I also tried to delete all the channels in my template, leaving only one obligatory empty MIDI channel, so that there are technically no slots where a sample could reside. Didn't work.

The notice seems to stay down there no matter which set I try to load, old or new. In other words, this doesn't depend on the active project, either 8O. The "Missing Files" list is always empty as it should, as there aren't really any missing files.

I'm going to try ghosting my system partition back, as I made a fresh backup after installing Live 7. Let's see.
Last edited by Nokatus on Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stone

Post by Stone » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:25 am

Nokatus, I had the same problem after uninstalling 6. I just re-installed 7 and left 6 uninstalled and the missing samples notification went away. HTH.

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:26 pm

I wonder if anyone else is noticing this bug, or is it something rather rare?

Magnetotron

Post by Magnetotron » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:00 am

I have this as well. I bought the suite, and installed all 4 dvd's on top of live 6.0.10, and have the missing samples message at the bottom that will not go away. I haven't tried what Stone said yet, but I don't want to uninstall 6 quite yet. I will try to install 7 over top of everything again and see if that helps.

EDIT: I installed 7.0.1 on top of my existing installation and it went away!
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Asus P5B Deluxe Socket 775 Intel P965 Express, 2X1024MB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz, Windows XP Pro SP2, M-Audio ProjectMix I/O, M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, M-Audio Trigger Finger, Ableton Live 7.0.2

scottevil

Post by scottevil » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:28 pm

I have the same message over here.
I installed Live 7.0.1 and the Downloaded Suite onto a new XP installation, so I don't have a previous version on this system.
Haven't tried any re-installs yet, (would love to avoid that).
Live 7.0.1
Windows XP (standard audio tune-up)
2.16 Core 2 Duo 2G RAM 120G 7200 SATA
Emu 1616m, Line 6 Toneport, Keystation Pro 88, Trigger Finger

Dandy Dust

Same trouble

Post by Dandy Dust » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:31 pm

Hi there!

I have the same trouble.

I wanted to check the new drumrack an I have samples missing.

At first I got some notifikation, but i cannot see that any more.

:x , Dandy

epiphanius

Post by epiphanius » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:48 pm

Reinstalling 7 worked for me in the same way.

Thanks for posting the fix,

e.