Elektron MachineDrum SPS-1uw Racks + Samples

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
3rdordertrauma

Elektron MachineDrum SPS-1uw Racks + Samples

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:31 pm

This pack has over 90mb worth of samples from the Elektron MachineDrum SPS-1uw and comes with three different racks inspired by the SPS-1 layout.
  • v1 - Light on CPU
    v2 - More knobs, more fx harder on CPU
    v3 - Similar to v1 with a slightly different layout.
Only three "kits" have been made... its up to you to make your own kits. There is a folder in the project called "MachineDrum SPS-1uw Samples" where you will find the rest of the SPS samples.

It would be cool to see everyone repost the kits they've back in this thread.

Download HERE 70mb

After some requests on my site I also made this GM version of this rack to comply with the GM standard.

Get the GM version HERE
Last edited by 3rdordertrauma on Tue May 27, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

semtek

Post by semtek » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:55 pm

Thanks man, these are heavy 8O

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:53 am

semtek wrote:Thanks man, these are heavy 8O
My pleasure... please exploit the hell out of em! It would be great to hear what you create out of em too. Peace

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:11 pm

I'm all over this.

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:34 pm

Anyone come up with some good kits yet for this pack yet? Would love to hear em!

What do you all (who downloaded) feel are the strong points for this one? and the weak? What samples would you have liked to hear more of? Less of? Differences in rack layout?

Peace!

fragmentated

Post by fragmentated » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:10 pm

i just downloaded this and was playing around. these are great - thanks for taking the time to sample such a cool machine and create these.

the only thing i would change (and probably will as i tweak these rack would be to do it in more of a GM format (kik, snr, HH) but i already have a rack of simpler's mapped out this way so i'll probably just drop the samples into those. the only downfall is that i'll lose all your cool FX racks.

tip - you know that simpler plays back at normal pitch at C3 and i noticed you put a pitch plug in to adjust for that. if you head over to thecovertoperator's they made a nifty midi rack called "fixed at C3" that you can just drop in in place of the pitch plug that will route the note correctly. saves the hassle of having to adjust the pitch plug.

that said - these racks rock! thank you so much for taking the time to create and share these with us.

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:31 am

fragmentated wrote:i just downloaded this and was playing around. these are great - thanks for taking the time to sample such a cool machine and create these.

the only thing i would change (and probably will as i tweak these rack would be to do it in more of a GM format (kik, snr, HH) but i already have a rack of simpler's mapped out this way so i'll probably just drop the samples into those. the only downfall is that i'll lose all your cool FX racks.
I did think about this... and you're probably right. Maybe I'll make a GM version soon. I don't have/use a keyboard so what I did with these ones is make em match the notes on my MachineDrum so i can trigger each chain with it "respective" button off the MD. Off course those can be changed easily on the MD to match the GM standard too. So either way, GM'ing these bitches makes good sense.
fragmentated wrote:tip - you know that simpler plays back at normal pitch at C3 and i noticed you put a pitch plug in to adjust for that. if you head over to thecovertoperator's they made a nifty midi rack called "fixed at C3" that you can just drop in in place of the pitch plug that will route the note correctly. saves the hassle of having to adjust the pitch plug.
Thanks for the tip! Those Coverts are sneaky dudes!
fragmentated wrote:that said - these racks rock! thank you so much for taking the time to create and share these with us.
Thanks man... my pleasure!

Actually while writing this response I've made a GM adapted version which utilizes the CO's "fixed at C3" rack. Hope the don't mind... :wink:

Everyone can find the adaption HERE Named "MachineDrum SPS-1uw v1 Adaption"

Cheers!

fragmentated

Post by fragmentated » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:25 am

sweet. thanks so much - i totally was not expecting you to adapt it to GM but am very appreciative.

makes sense that you made it the way you did - to be used with your machine drum (and since you don't have a keyboard. for me my fingers naturally go to the "GM" specification to bang out drums on my keyboard. thats probably why i don't really use impulse that much and when i do i use the pitch plug to remap impulse to GM.

didn't have much of a chance to play today but am looking even more forward to playing with this cool little machinedrum rack now.

:D Thanks Again! :D

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:06 am

fragmentated wrote:sweet. thanks so much - i totally was not expecting you to adapt it to GM but am very appreciative.

makes sense that you made it the way you did - to be used with your machine drum (and since you don't have a keyboard. for me my fingers naturally go to the "GM" specification to bang out drums on my keyboard. thats probably why i don't really use impulse that much and when i do i use the pitch plug to remap impulse to GM.

didn't have much of a chance to play today but am looking even more forward to playing with this cool little machinedrum rack now.

:D Thanks Again! :D
Hehe... I didn't really mean to make an adaption so quickly but I got to playing around with the idea and the "fixed at c3" thing and I was nearly there so I thought "just complete it". I've actually remapped my Machinedrum now to use the GM standard so it works strait across with this rack. You may have noticed this adaption is not "exact" GM I've moved the toms for example all down to be on three consecutive white keys, rather than using low tom 1 & 2 and mid 1 & 2 and so on. I've also done some other stuff like move the cowbell to the "pedal hat" slot (since the MD doesn't have "pedal hat" and then worked the M1-4 into the empty slots since those are misc anyway. But all the regulars are whee they should be. I think... ?

Also don't know if you've noticed but the .../Library/Presets/MIDIEffects/MIDIEffectRack/Tools/ (should be in the bundle Ableton Library) there are some racks called "GM to Impulse Remapper.adg" Maybe this would open the doors to Impulse for you? Its actually very similar to the "fixed at c3" thing; combo of scale and pitch plugs in a rack.

gort

Post by gort » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:39 pm

strange, i cant seem to start the DL. when i click on the "HERE" link, it just reloads the same page...

am i doing something wrong?
hi-q hits and handclaps not holywars and hand grenades

darthfinger

Post by darthfinger » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:04 pm

gort wrote:strange, i cant seem to start the DL. when i click on the "HERE" link, it just reloads the same page...

+1

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:10 pm

darthfinger wrote:
gort wrote:strange, i cant seem to start the DL. when i click on the "HERE" link, it just reloads the same page...

+1
The "HERE" link in this post takes you to the download page of the site... you must be registered and logged in to access the downloads. Once logged in you will see a download button. Alternatively (once logged in) you can just click the title bar of each article to start the download.

Please let us know if you are still having trouble.

gort

Post by gort » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:41 pm

ahhh yes, i though registration might be it. i registered about an hour ago but havent recieved the activation email yet.. i'll keep an eye out for that and try again.

thanks!

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:53 am

Sorry about the troubles Gort... you should have indeed received the activation email by now (instantly actually). Have you double checked in your spam folder? Sometimes the spam blockers nuke these things. Check there and let us know if not!

Cheers

gort

Post by gort » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:19 am

sure enough, yahoo mail zapped it.

all good now! thanks 8)