URGENT - gig in 3days

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
matias

URGENT - gig in 3days

Post by matias » Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:30 am

after uninstalling tools 5.3 to make way for the newest asio driver for my digi 001, ive gone to uninstall live 2.01 n 2.02 as 2.03 is frankly running the smoothest out of all live's ive used, so after uninstalling tools, i went to uninstall 2.01 and it said the it need proram files/ableton/pres/unstll.utl or something like that to continue, an unistall file, so i need either live 2.01 to install over the top which i kant find newhere here, or how to uninstall it manually so i kan reinstall all of it... help help help

as the topic suggest, ive got a live gig in 3 days and with my comp like this ... well yeah .. not good

p4 2.8, 1.5gram, digi 001, access virus kc, triton classic

matias

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:10 am

LOL why did you have to screw with yer system 3 days before the gig.

Can't you re-install on top on the current install. Or just throw out the live folder and re-install at the same place. It should work cuz It has happened to me a few times that the uninstaller (not necessarely ableton live) went wrong.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:24 pm

be wary, there is a thread around hear that ou only get five installs per serial code before you have to contact ableton. Maybe I'm stupid, but even though I never use 2.0.1, I leave it installed, and life is easy.

gaspode

Heh

Post by gaspode » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:46 pm

Funny... I heard after five installs your phone will ring and a voice on the phone will tell you that you have seven days to live.

Ruotger Skupin

Post by Ruotger Skupin » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:46 am

Hi matias,

the best thing to do is delete the "Live 2.0.1" and "Live 2.0.2" at "...\program files\Ableton\" and get someone who knows Windows quite well to remove the links from the start menu.

That's basically what the installer does.

Roddi
please state the following information with *every* problem you have:
1. Exact version of Live
2. System: Processor, RAM
3. Operating System
4. Audio hardware
Thank You

Ruotger "Roddi" Skupin
Developer
skupin@ableton.com

matias

Post by matias » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:27 am

hey all,
crisis averted, luckily ive got a 200gig hard drive just for my audio files, so i went n started my comp fresh witha new installation of windows, tweaked n hammering atm, sikkk, r most people still using 2.03 like i am?, ive found the newer verisons to be less stable....

matias