Live 3, midi clock problems

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Dnez0526

Live 3, midi clock problems

Post by Dnez0526 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:59 am

Guys, I use Ablebton Live 3 on my laptop

Well On my MAIN DAW I use Cubase SX 2.01 to send Midi Clock to my laptop

My laptop has the Firewire 410 Audio Card
Live in my laptop starts an dthen just stalls
It makes my system VERY slow and unusable
I have to reboot everytime

I have tried other sources to send midi clock and LIVE 3 just stops working

Is this a BUG?

Please help, i will be using it extensivly for LIVE production to play out at shows and need midi clock

--dnzmusic.com

Gerhard

Post by Gerhard » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:03 pm

Hi, please let us know:

- what version of Live are you using

- what operating system are you running Live on

- whether you experience any problems when running Live without MIDI sync.

Thank you.

Gerhard / ableton

Dnez0526

Post by Dnez0526 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:37 pm

Oh
Live Ableton 3
Windows XP
Firewire 410 Audio card

Is there an update yet for Live 3?

Any known issues with Live SYNC to midi clock?

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:53 pm

Live syncs beautifuly here on a Sony laptop with XP and a MidiMan 2x2. Responds to tempo changes smoother than any other app I have, no trouble whatsoever.

Dnez0526

Post by Dnez0526 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:58 pm

I am not experiencing problems with LIVE 3 by itself

But when external SYNC Midi clock
Live hangs my system up

I think it is my Firewire 410?????

Gerhard

Post by Gerhard » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:16 pm

Hi Dnez0526,

OK, please try now to run Live without the FW410; instead, use the internal sound card (choose a Direct X / MME driver). When syncing to SX, do you still experience problems?

Gerhard / ableton

Dnez0526

Post by Dnez0526 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:12 pm

Yes.
I still get the same problem
It starts to play then stops
and my system slows way down and have to power off and on

Please continue to help

Dnez0526

Post by Dnez0526 » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:10 am

Ok I am a little ticked off now

I tried the Firewire 410 Card on another PC Windows XP

When you use:

- Live (any version)
- Firewire 410 (any driver)

It does not SYNC to external devices

Ableton please help
I purchased both of these things for one of these purposes

--

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:09 am

Can you try slaving to another source of clock or two as an experiment? Seriously, using XP and a MidiSport 2x2 Live syncs to external clock using an MPC as source and also with Logic as master on another machine at least as well as anything I have ever used as a MIDI Clock slave. Tempo's could be averaged a bit better when changing on the fly but even that isn't as bad as most kit I have used. It does work and isn't a Live problem as far as I can tell, it's worked fine since v1.52.

I'd discount the clock source not playing games first then suspect the 410 as hard as that may sound. SOmething isn't happening there that is working spot on here and is also on a firend setup too.

:?

Dnez0526

Post by Dnez0526 » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:13 pm

I have experiemented for hours

I have tried using a different SYNC source like LIVE on one machine and LIVE on another machine with different MIDI hardware

I know it is the Firewire 410 because I plug the Firewire 410 on another seprate machine and the MIDI Clock SYNC does not work from any external device sending midi clock. I tried diff. midi time code it works.

Midi clock does not work.
I wounder if I should just return it and get another one, maybe mine is difected?

But, seriously if you have a Firewire 410 and Live, try SYNC from external midi clock with it...

electrolüt

firewire 410 midisync problem

Post by electrolüt » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:21 pm

Hallo, i also got the firewire410, working with live and syncing it to other keyboards causes problems. I dont know why, exspezially when live sends the sync my cpu reaches 100% but it also got problems by syncing it as slave. Now i m using a usb keyboard with a midiinterface (novation control25) this did not couse any problems to my system or live.

I think the problem is a midiman not a ableton-thing. But im not sure
mfg

miclevine

syncing live to echoplex

Post by miclevine » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:31 am

Hi,

I have problems syncing live 3.0 to my Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro, with the Echoplex as the MIDI time clock master. The audio that I record into live as a loop has a stutter or several stutters throughout the loop. Plus the stutters occur at different times each time the loop repeats.

This doesn't happen when I use Live by itself without syncing it to another machine.

I tried syncing Live to another drum machine -- same problem.

I've tried it on my Powerbook G4, 1GHz, 256 Ram, OS 10.3.1 with Digidesign 002rack, plus Midisport 2X2. Tried both Direct IO and Core Audio drivers. Tried all FX on and off. Tried 002's midi port by itself, and Midiman Midisport by itself. Tried various buffer sizes.

I've tried it on my PC Desktop, P4 1.6GHz, 256 ram, Windows XP, with Digidesign 001, plus Midisport 2X2. Tried both Direct IO and ASIO drivers. Tried various buffer sizes. Same problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
mike

Dnez0526

Post by Dnez0526 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:59 pm

Well I sold me M-audio firewire 410
But now they fixed it with the newest version of Live upgradeIf you look at the what's new in the update it states that there was a problem with the firewire 410 and ableton